AT&T Status - What does it mean? (Premier)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KGWVU, Jun 16, 2010.

1. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

So, from my conversations with AT&T today and from my own experience, here is what I have learned:
    • When signing up with a Premier Account, you should immediately receive an email notification with Web Order ID Number and a link to check on status. Your status should read "Recieved" immediately
    • You will notice that if you log into your AT&T account and check on order status, you get the error message that their system cannot find your order. This is because Premier orders are done on a different system and must be 'transferred' to the AT&T system. Your order simply has not yet been transferred to the AT&T system. The link from your email (above) will show a new 'Updated' Date. Once a new date appears, you will notice an authorization on your cc for the amount of your order. This will be in addition to the $1.00 initial cc authorization charge put through when you first upgraded
    • Even though your order was just put into the AT&T system today, you will still get your phone on 6/24 or 6/25 since the order was placed through Premier yesterday
    • This should all happen within 24-48 hrs of your initial upgrade. If you receive a 'Attention' in your check on status link from your Premier email, call the Premier guys at (866)-499-8008 to make sure everything is okay. If they say it is, insist they check your account again and ask for their name. Call back and get another person on the line to verify everything is okay (it likely is not and something needs corrected on your order)

Hope this information is helpful. This is what I gathered from combining like explanations from CS&S. Admittedly, you get ten different answers from 12 different people. So, through all my calls, I've combined what I have found to make sense and seems to be factual.:cool:

2. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

Thank you, thank you! You answered so many of my questions.

I'm quite grateful for this thread :)

UPDATE: I reread your post and the only thing I'm kind of confused about is "The link from your email (above) will show a new 'Updated' Date." What link? The Order Status link?

3. KGWVU thread starter macrumors regular

KGWVU

From the email that you get that sends you to the Premier order status page (not the main AT&T status page). That date will update which means your order has been updated in some manner. If your order previously was 'Attention', it may be that the 'Attention' issue has since been resolved and processing is continuing. If you did not have 'Attention', when the date is updated, your order has likely been transferred to the AT&T side and you can now view your order status from the main AT&T status page.

4. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Great info. That makes alot of sense. The only oddity that i want to add is that my CC hasn't been charged at all.

5. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

I see, thanks for the clarification :)

Like sarcosis though, my cc has not been charged at all but hopefully when I get transferred over to the regular AT&T site, they'll authorize my cc account.

6. matt15f macrumors member

Thanks for the info, slightly comforting. I'm a premier order, no email yet, and no charge so far. I called AT&T today and he said as long as you got to the confirmation page the order is in, who knows.

7. KGWVU thread starter macrumors regular

KGWVU

May be a silly question, but those who did not receive an email, have you checked your spam filter or junk mail folder?:confused:

As far as no charge being on the cc, this may be a cc issuer issue. Some cc companies drop authorization holds after 24 hrs. There may have been a $1.00 or even $0.00 authorization hold placed against the account which has already fallen off.

8. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

I'll be calling them tomorrow when they open again just to be sure everything's okay especially since the order would be 48 hours tomorrow morning. I don't want to loose my place in line :)

Thanks again for the information.

9. motty2307 macrumors regular

Ordered through the Premier site.

My credit/debit card has a hold on it, I received a confirmation e-mail from th Premier site saying AT&T will start shipping preorders on June 24th, both sites show it as "processing" (regular site shows it as backordered) but when I dial *639# it still says I'm eligible for a 2 year upgrade.

What do I make of that?

10. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

So if your status shows up correct in the main AT&T page as well then everything has gone through and is done from an ATT perspective? If so, that's great news and Im looking good for receiving mine on the 24th.

Thanks for putting this thread together. I think it will help a lot of the Premier customers understand the whole process.

11. lnferno macrumors 6502

The problem I have is that I ordered yesterday throug the AT&T Premier site relatively early in the day. I received a confirmation email with an Order ID, and my credit card was authorized yesterday for $1, but my status still says "Attention!". When I called customer service, they said that it's normal. Well, if it's normal, when why doesn't it just have a regular check mark for the processing status? Hopefully my status will be updated soon.

12. KGWVU thread starter macrumors regular

KGWVU

This likely means your order has not been transferred to the main AT&T system. To confirm, go to www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ and they should not be able to find your information. Once the order has been transferred, the *639# will say you are eligible in like 2012 and you will then be able to see your status at www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

13. KGWVU thread starter macrumors regular

KGWVU

It is likely not normal. I would call them and insist they look into it further. With the rate of calls they are getting, you can understand that they want you off the phone ASAP so they can keep the que down as much as possible. Apparently, sometimes the 'Attention!' is worked out on it's own but most often does not and requires some sort of action from you. The good thing is as long as the issue causing the 'Attention!' is taken care of before 6/23, you should still receive your phone on time.

14. lnferno macrumors 6502

Just spoke with another Supervisor. According to her, she is as high as they go up the management chain and she has absolutely no contact with the people that process orders. :rolleyes: I found that really hard to believe. I had her itemize the reasons why my order may not go through and why it would be flagged with that Attention! status and one by one, we ruled them out (correct address, credit card authorization went through, I'm eligible for upgrade, etc). So after ruling all of those reasons out, I asked her again why my account is being flagged. She didn't have a good answer.

After going back and forth a bit, she told me that my order will not be processed today. I asked her how she knew that if she had no contact with the other processing department? She got really flustered and realized that she just got caught in a lie. Then she said, "I mis-spoke. I'm not sure when it will go through. They have to process hundreds of thousands of these manually". I have a difficult time believing that they are manually processing all of these orders.

In a polite and professional manner, I respectfully told her that I'll remain on hold until someone could help me. She said "Fine, you will probably be on-hold all day". I told her that would be fine. :) After 45 minutes of being placed on hold, she finally came back and told me that my order status has been changed without needing any additional information or verification from me. I looked and it did get changed! Apparently she did have some contact with the processing department. :)

All in all, that took exactly 3 hours and 30 minutes to get resolved.

Readers Digest Version: When you call AT&T support, BE PERSISTENT, I mean relentlessly persistent LOL

One of my favorite quotes is "Chance favors those who persist". :)