AT&T Store Expected Wait Lines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swissbrit, Jun 16, 2010.

1. swissbrit macrumors member

Okay so on June 15th at 3:30 PM EST I walked into the AT&T store at my local mall and without any line I pre-ordered my iPhone 4. About a day later I had yet to receive a conformation email (well apart from this email from AT&T titled iPhone CSS). So I phoned AT&T up and asked them to confirm if I would be getting one on June 24th and they assured me that I would and that I would get an email when they ship the iPhone to the AT&T store.

So assuming I would take the Pre-Ordered line at the AT&T store, when should I arrive and how long will I have to wait ?

Thanks in advance,

swissbrit:apple:

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You should arrive when you can and be prepared to wait all day. Seriously, prepare for the worst.

3. swissbrit thread starter macrumors member

5 am for an iPhone that I already preordered ?

Or should I pop up at like 3pm when the queues would have died down ?

4. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Take the phone home with you. Activate it there.

5. swissbrit thread starter macrumors member

6. rmwhite macrumors member

When I went to ATT on 3G launch day, it was about 20 minutes per person in line on average, plus some for when the servers started exploding.

You're going to get into the store, and there's going to be some kid who brought his grandma with him because she's the primary on the verizon account and he needs to port his number and the grandma is going to refuse to give her social seCURITY NUMBER AND YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO HULK SMASH HERIN HER FACE.

And then someone will come out of the store with their iphone and all the kids at the back of the line who showed up 10 minutes before opening will starT HOOTING AND HOLLERING AND YOU WILL BE FILLED WITH INSANE MURDEROUS RAGE.

And so on and so forth, until they run out of iphones.

7. swissbrit thread starter macrumors member

8. rican macrumors 6502

rican

HAHAHAHA, gosh.. too funny and yet so true.

9. rmwhite macrumors member

You want FUN and an IPHONE ON LAUNCH DAY? What is this, opposite land?

10. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Last year for the 3GS launch, the ATT store nearest me (Atlantic Station in Midtown Atlanta) had a line of about 100 people at 4:00AM, though I am not sure when the stores opened last year. If you believe the hype, that this launch is 10x bigger than last year, you may be forced to camp out much earlier than you had planned.

11. swissbrit thread starter macrumors member

Even if I already preordered mine and I would be going to an ATT store so maybe there will be less people right ?

12. rican macrumors 6502

rican

HAHAHAHA, gosh.. too funny and yet so true.

13. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Just go as early as is convenient.

As far as waiting?

The lines may not be bad, but doesn't everyone have a feeling we are going to go through the same iTunes in-store activation debacle that happened last time? I do.

Lots of people may be going home with unactivated phones again, so your wait may be even longer than the time you spend in the store.

14. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I love you.

15. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

My ATT store didn't take preorders(I don't think) for the 3Gs. I remember there were about 150 people in line. A guy comes out with a Treo that has a database and checks people for upgrade eligibility. Then he says how many phones are available for the line of people waiting. There are about 125... I am about 3rd in line and obvious to get one, but had a problem because I was not the primary account holder and wasn't added as an authorized user. :mad: Had to go add mysel online as an authorized user and come back. Thankfully, another shipment of about 70 phones came in during the day and I got my 3Gs.

In the end, even if they tell you there are not enough phones, possibly give it a chance because there MAY be more on the way for the same day.

16. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've never had the patience to wait in line so I don't know how it works but even if there were seperate lines for walk-ins and pre-orders and reservations, isn't there just soo many employees in each store? Even though your line might be shorter, the employees still have to help each person one by one which I'm sure would take FOREVER.

Pre-ordering guarantees you an iPhone so I'd probably just stroll in some time in the afternoon when the hoopla hopefully has died down.

17. kmonie360 macrumors member

You pre ordered from AT&T and had it shipped to the store... If that's true the rep who you did it through will call you on the 25th when it comes in. No one who pre ordered in the AT&T store will get their phone the 24th

18. mac jones macrumors 68040

You want to beat Grandma to death?

19. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

You are correct. I should have said that this was a walk up first come first serve crowd. So it will be even worse this time. LOL:D

20. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

LOL!!!!!!! You nailed it :)

21. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

********. If I stand in the line, go to the counter with my two PAID receipts and they have iPhones in the store... I'm walking out with what I paid for.

22. cherylzyx macrumors member

cherylzyx

I specifically asked about this and, Brent, my lovely AT&T associate told me to come in on the 24th. I asked if my phone would be there and he told me yes, and if I have any problems to ask to speak with him.

23. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

How so?

24. Dan in PA macrumors regular

10/10 [​IMG]

25. Dan in PA macrumors regular

If she holds up the line? Hell yes.