AT&T Store - iPhone 4S Purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steelers501, Oct 6, 2011.

1. steelers501 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

I am hearing conflicting information so I was wondering if someone can clear some stuff up for me. I was fully intending on waking up at 3AM tomorrow to purchase the iPhone 4S from the AT&T website.

However, I had to make a change to my AT&T account, so I was at the store today. When I was there, the customer support person told me that there is no doubt that I can walk into the store tomorrow night after work (around 6PM EST) and still preorder the phone, and that stock is "unlimited". I am asking because this sounds like complete BS to be honest, and this is the first I am hearing of this.

My main question, if I try to preorder the phone tomorrow at 6 PM, will I still have a chance at getting it?

Thanks for the help.

2. Virance macrumors regular

Stock of the pre-order is unlimited. However, just because you pre-order it does not mean you'll get it on launch day - the longer you wait to pre-order, the lower your chances of a launch day device are.

3. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

4. fanboy05 macrumors regular

Yep, they will definitely take your money and get you a phone as soon as they can. waiting till tomorrow at 6 pm, means you may not get it on launch day though!

5. steelers501 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for the quick help, guys!