AT&T store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neilp4453, Jun 23, 2009.

1. neilp4453 macrumors regular

So I walked into an ATT store today (to do an upgrade swap) and sat around for about an hour watching the workers take care of 1 person/45min (real value).

Well, I overheard some customer say "I know you guys don't have any 3GS iphones in stock..." Then I heard something about pre-ordering.

Well I called anther ATT store to see if they had any and was told I needed to pre-order first. They also told me they don't know when walk-in customers would be able to buy them.

And from what I am reading...many people have managed to just walk-in an buy one. Maybe this is at an Apple store?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If an AT&T store has any in stock then you can walk in and buy one.

3. Trumpy macrumors newbie

Trumpy

I talked to an AT&T store employee today and he said the last time it took about two months for there to be enough iPhone 3G in stock. He assumed that would be the case this time too.

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Every few days, keep calling all local stores

At some point, someone will have something

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ BestBuy seems to have an awful lot of iPhones.....:cool::cool::cool:

7. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I walked into a Best Buy yesterday morning after making the split decision to upgrade the night before. I walked in and 10 minutes later walked out with a 32 gig. That being said, my girlfriend does work in Best Buy mobile and closed the night before so she knew they had them in stock. Yeah, I cheated and got insider info.

8. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Yea i got my 32GB for $240 after taxes, thanks to my Best Buy reward points.

9. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

1st day of sales I walked right into an AT&T store at 8:45 am and got my 16 gig 3Gs in Black ... no reservation, no questions .... (there were 2 people ahead of me so it took maybe 15 minutes from the point of getting on line to walking out of the mall)

Just call around. If they have them they will sell them...

I guess now that stock is low all those holding out are now running out to get theres and drying up the last of the current stock.

10. icurbyou macrumors newbie

I feel as though your intent is to shock with this information? That actually sounds like a GOOD day at AT&T.... Oh, I get it. You told us that because it's shockingly GOOD customer service for an AT&T store.. Oh, okay! Well, congrats! You must not be from my area. You lucky dog, you! :D haha!

11. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

Try Wal-Mart. I got mine there and no one knew in my town that Wal-Mart was selling them. They have a shelf full of them at my store.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

I'm still waiting for Best Buy to call me back to tell me that the black 32GB that I put my name down is available for purchase.

I ended up getting mine on Sunday at an Apple Store. I decided to keep my name on the list at Best Buy just to see how long it takes for them to call me.

It was just a waiting list, not a pre-sale list.

I had THE WORST experience at an AT&T Store this afternoon. Those employees are total idiots. I'm going to post a thread about my experience later this evening.... I have no time now. It was a completely ridiculous experience (I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats anticipating my thread :rolleyes:).