AT&T Stores Offering Early Upgrade Pricing on iPhone 3G. And...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by =MuLti-CeLL=, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Malivar macrumors member

2. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Well a new iPhone in the next 3-6 months is pretty likely, especially with all the new rumors that are flying around. This is just another event that suggests another iPhone release shortly. Glad that AT&T is offering some customers early upgrades that is pretty reasonable for them to reward the customers who have stayed with them this long.

3. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

All of these things are making the possibility of a new iPhone even clearer.

4. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

All we need to hear now is no vacations for at&t employees from this date to this date. :D

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Crap. I'm going to have to buy a new iPhone again this summer.

6. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

This makes me think that...

This just makes me think that current iphone 3g owners will not be able to upgrade for the lower subsidized price. Glad I waited

7. D-Jam macrumors member

I'm hoping for a small reduction in rate costs. :)

8. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Now help me to understand something please.

And remember, I don't have an iPhone yet and yes, I'm hoping we see new hardware this WWDC but it definately won't kill me, I'll be just as happy with a 3G the following day...but...

Could this just be a way of Apple trying to get a 3G in as many hands as possible in preparation for the killer software upgrade we are getting with 3.0?

I mean, it's really still to early to tell wether or not these deals are going on to lower inventory to prep for a new model.

Really the only one that seems to hint getting rid of inventory for me is the Fido story, where it says they will finish selling current 3G's altogether at the start of April (http://mobilesyrup.com/2009/03/20/fido-to-end-sales-of-iphone-3g-16gb-starting-april/).

I'm not buying most of these stories right now but will when the later stories come out about "3G hard to find", "3G not for sell online Apple store", ya know, things like that are a bit harder evidence. I still don't see how the deal with AT&T selling $6-700 iPhones today without contract relates to lowering inventory at all!

Just a thought, waiting for your replies.

Thanks.