AT&T stores ran out -- did Apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xmatt, Jul 11, 2008.

1. xmatt macrumors newbie

I went to my local AT&T store this morning and went through the same deal as others -- they quickly ran out and switched to taking "direct fulfillment" orders to be shipped to them (my store claimed separately from regular store shipments, which they can't predict).

What I'm wondering is, did pretty much everybody who waited in line at an Apple Store get a phone? It's a bit more of a drive, but it would be worth it if I get to avoid waiting a few days for a shipment, but nobody seems to be saying if the Apple Store stocks are holding up.

2. lokiju macrumors 6502

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I also went to an AT&T store, but I've called my local Apple store about an hour 1/2 ago and they still said they have plenty of all versions, and their closing at 11.

I have a feeling that Apple gave that store a little extra stock because it's 5 minutes from Apple HQ in Cupertino.

4. badboy600 macrumors member

Apple store in Columbia MD seemed to have an endless supply of all models

5. xmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally got through to one of the Apple stores ... said they had "quite a few" of every kind. Suppose I'll run down there...

6. ctnguye3 macrumors member

I came by the The Apple store in Tampa, FL around 6PM to buy a screen film, and they were still selling them, the line is pretty long though, but I'm surprise they still selling them now.

7. GNice macrumors 6502

The AT&T stores were very poorly stocked (at least in my area). The one closest to me only had 20! Fortunately, I was able to scramble to the Apple store only 20 mins from there and get mine. Lovin' it!:D

The Apple store had a LOT!

8. dabigone macrumors regular

9. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

The AT&T stores in my area had poor stock, but the Apple store in Huntsville, AL (Bridge Street) had plenty when I left (Apx. 3:30CST)

10. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

The Pasadena, CA store has good stock, but the when I called an hour ago, they said the line was 3 hours long. So therein lies the rub...

11. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

My AT&T store sold out within an hour, Apple store has had a line since 8am and when I stopped by at 7pm to get a case there was still at least 150 people in line and they were all guaranteed and iPhone.

12. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

13. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I checked in a couple AT&T stores near where I work shortly before lunch and both were sold out. Went to an Apple store after work and they had *plenty* of all types still in stock and estimated they'd still be going strong up until they closed at 11pm. (Although they also anticipated they'd actually stay open until midnight or later to finish the line they had.)

14. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

ann arbor apple store seemed to have an endless supply.

15. lokiju macrumors 6502

I went out to the Mall of GA store in Bufford GA at around 7:30PM and they told me there weren't enough black 16GB iphones left to cover the number of people in the line.

I asked a guy at the front of the line how long he had been waiting and he said about an hour, with that being the case we decided to hold off and will give it a try tomorrow.

16. kkj1961 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel my AT&T order if I'm able to track down an iphone at an Apple store tomorrow?

17. Naked Snake macrumors member

didn't bother to check at&t because i was afraid they might not have enough and i went to my local apple store and they seem to have plenty of all models. there were a lot of people in line also.

18. Naked Snake macrumors member

didn't bother to check at&t because i was afraid they might not have enough and i went to my local apple store and they seem to have plenty of all models. there were a lot of people in line also. my bad for the double post!

19. forrest368 macrumors member

20. bluecluee macrumors member

Do the stores open at 8am tomorrow? Or their normal operating hours?

21. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

My local Apple Store shows in stock and when I was there at 7pm this evening to get a case for mine they said that there were plenty in stock and they would not run out. They still had about 100 in line waiting.

22. aristobrat macrumors G4

The Norfolk, VA shows "out of stock" on all three models, but when I left at 10pm, the only one they were out of was the 16GB black.

23. nparmelee macrumors 6502

In the Reno area, 4 of the AT&T stores all only received 10 of each phone and were all sold out early in the day, Apple store still had them available at 7:00 pm.

24. xmatt thread starter macrumors newbie

Both the Northpark and Knox stores in Dallas had lots of all models this evening. I waited 3 hours at Knox, only to find out that apparently if you even have a company *discount* applied to your account, you can't buy at the Apple Store, only AT&T store. I even called to have the discount removed, but AT&T insists that it takes 24 hours to "take effect".

6 total hours of line waiting today, no phone, all due to stupid AT&T. I wonder how many customer they're going to instantly lose whenever the iPhone goes multi-carrier.

25. ColonelSmith macrumors member

My local AT&T store ran out by 9 so I drove up to the nearest Apple Store at 4:30 got there around 5:30 and got an iPhone by 6:45. You can check iPhone stock at Apple stores by visiting their individual retail pages on apple.com/retail