AT&T Stores Running Out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rithem, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Do you think that the stores will end up running out of iPhones by July 23rd?

My 2 year family plans ends up ending about 2 weeks after my birthday and I thought that the iPhone would be a nice little gift since I'm never in my room at college and could really use a smart phone for more orginization. Would you think that they would run out of iPhones at the AT&T stores 2 weeks or so after release? I'm guessing that since my family plan runs out about 2 weeks or so after the release that I'd beat the initial rush and the demand would be much more calm when I need to set up a new plan.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That all depends on which carrier you have. Sometimes the carrier will allow you to renew your contract early. You might be able to buy the 3G iPhone and renew your contract on July 11, 2008, but only if you are with AT&T. :p

3. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

I do have AT&T. I didn't even know we could renew contracts early. Interesting........

4. tritonj macrumors 6502a

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Yea judging by how the first launch went, I'm sure Apple is gearing up to supply all the demand, and then some.

6. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. I called the store I was going to go to and I can upgrade on the day it comes out.... I'm just really lazy and I'd rather just wait to beat the initial rush rather than standing in line.

All in all 3G here I come :)

7. Paul S macrumors regular

I'm not going to be waiting in any kind of line, either. I can't believe people camp out and waste time just sitting there for hours for a phone. Think of the opportunity cost involved with that. Anyway, there should be plenty to go around. I am picturing myself going in that day or the next and buying one....with no line!

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

What is a waste of time to one person is time well spent to another. :rolleyes:

9. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Camping in line for the first one....if you didn't have anything better to do then I guess it could be fun. But there should be plenty of the 3G versions. I think it would be funny to arrive at 8AM and see the AT&T employees give out plenty of phones and have those campers who had been waiting for hours for the store to open, out in 5 minutes flat. I won't mind waiting in line 20 minutes when I get out of work to pick one up however. I'm guessing stores will have plenty and if they do run out, you should be able to pick one up next day. In my area there is a Apple Store in Providence. Thats the only Apple store within a one hour drive so I'm guessing it will be packed and will probably run out. There are a few AT&T stores around and one Corporate store in Seekonk, MA and i'm hoping to get one there. I may wait a week for reviews to pop up however.

10. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

Well thanks for all the help guys. I'm glad to hear that there should probably be a good amount of iPhones to go around for everyone.

11. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

i think it will be like last time... not selling out until a week after release

12. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

Not even out yet, and some are complaining they might be out of them....Your better off waiting till August, when the stock is full, the wait is negligible and the BUGS worked out !!! :D

13. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

AFAIK, AT&T store managers have the authority to allow an update after six months into a contract.

14. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

At least you are able to buy one. Here I am stuck until September as it stands now without a business trip back to Atlanta from Puerto Rico. Get this Domican Republic, and other borderline 3rd world countries get the iPhone but Puerto Rico with great at&t coverage + good 3g area does not! How backwards is that?! Makes me furious. Though, I would give up my phone in a heartbeat if it meant leaving the tropics.

15. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

haha. I'm just hoping they don't run out. I guess I could go on the 11th but I really don't care that much.

I just want my phone :p