AT&T Student Discount question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

So, I applied for my student discount, and got this message

So, am I allowed to change my e-mail address from my school one on my AT&T account to my regular e-mail address? Will that take away my discount?

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

3. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thanks. And just to be sure, the iPhone plan qualifies for a discount right? Anyone know how much the discount is?

4. Daniel L macrumors 6502

It depends on your school. I get 15% off the data plan and 15% off the packaged minutes while getting 0% off the text messaging plan.

5. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok. I just got my iPhone 4 and applied for the discount. Do you think it will take 2 months before I see a discount?

6. themadrussian macrumors regular

I added my IBM FAN to my account in late April. The first bill with a discount is the June bill (my cycle begins on the 3rd of each month), which is due the 26th of June for me.

If your billing cycle lines up with the month, and you add a FAN now, you will probably not see a discounted bill until the bill for August. You catch my drift?

7. spmojo macrumors member

8. keastone macrumors member

Yeah, I found the site and registered, how do I view my discounts that will affect my bill in the later months?

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

For both of my discounts (employer and school) I just go into an ATT corporate store and give them my badge or ID. They give me a form to sign out and on the next billing cycle my FAN discount shows up. Once it is active you'll be able to see it when you logon to att's website in the upper right hand corner. That's the first thing you should do on a new account.