AT&T subscribers using FAN discount...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Feb 5, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I am going to head to AT&T this week to get 15% off applied using the FAN discount from my employee. I want to be sure but believe I read it'll only apply to our base package e.g Family Talk and not the total bill? I also read that it would apply to the entire bill so which is it?

If it just applies to our base package at 59.99 were probably just looking at savings on tax and surcharges, nonetheless I'll take it.

2. thenewone macrumors member

My experience had been that it only ever applies to the base, unfortunately. Still better than nothing though!

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sorry, you don't get discount on all the taxes/fees you pay. It's just the base.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

On my old "National 450" plan my FAN discount applied to everything EXCEPT for texting. I recently switched to a Data share value plan, and it only applies to the main charge.

I'm pretty sure the discount applies to different parts of the plan depending on how the discount is setup.

5. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

On my FAN I get my discount off of the main line and both of the unlimited data plans.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

They can only discount pre-tax; no one can discount the taxes too.

7. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Nobody ever said anything about discounting taxes.
    OP said the savings will probably cover the taxes and fees.

8. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

9. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Not anymore. But if you had it you get to keep it. For now anyway.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

But they have faster data than Sprint.

11. siroht macrumors member

H

----------

Honestly it all depends on the agreement between your employer and ATT. My previous employer had an agreement with ATT to discount their employees bill by 15% of total bill before taxes.

The agreement with my current employer with ATT is 11% off of primary line only...off course that was with traditional family plans. Now that I'm on the Share Plan I receive 11% off of the 10Gb $100 data, which amounts to $11 a month.

Again it all depends on what deal your company drew up with ATT. Usually the negotiation process originates in your Technology/IT department.

12. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Yes they do.

----------

That really sucks big time.

13. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

All the plans from: Family Plan, Mobile Share and Mobile Share Value plans the FAN applies only to the main charge and not any lines.

ie on the new 10GB Mobile share value plan with 2 smart phones, you will get a 15% discount on the $100 data ($15), but no discount on the $30 for the lines.

14. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I have a quick question guys. I am going to AT&T in a couple days when I pay my bill to try and have the FAN discount applied, can I do it using a check stub showing the union dues (along with the printed voucher that shows my unions FAN discount number)? I won't have a union ID on hand till a few weeks so that'd take longer if I can do it this way it's easier for me.

Thanks for the responses