AT&T (T) Stock

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AFPoster, Jun 5, 2010.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So who is buying or already bought some AT&T stock before the weekend or will be on Monday morning when the market opens. I am curious to see if their stock will rise since they have sole priority to Apple's iPhone for another 6 months.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I've had T for about a year now and it hasn't really done anything. Maybe a few bucks here and there but really nothing unless you're buying thousands of shares. I think Visa (V) will hit 90 again in the next 6 months, take a look.

3. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

As Obey said, it's really pointless unless you are buying hundreds or thousands of shares. AT&T is more of a conservative investment because of their dividends. It's not a stock you buy to make a quick buck in a few days. The stock may go up $.50 to $1.00 because of the phone, but nothing huge.

4. Tower-Union macrumors 6502

Tower-Union

Now that you mention it, AMEX, Mastercard and Visa are ALL down. . . whats up with that?

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

investopeadia

Thats a pretty good analysis but I'm more optimistic. :)

6. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I bought a long term put on their stock, just in case something happens, and they lose exclusivity, etc.

It was cheap, and if Apple finally says you know what? Decrepit's iPhone 3GS gets no service at his new place, but his Blackberry on Sprint works great. Let's cancel AT&T, or at least add Sprint so that he can get text messages again.

If it turns out for me, great. If not, I won't be surprised.