Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
California
Wife and I just got new 5s, after setting up/restoring through itunes the new phone still aren't activated on the cellular network after an hour. Is it because lots of people are doing this tonight, or do I have to call AT&T, or what?

aapplephone

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Wife and I just got new 5s, after setting up/restoring through itunes the new phone still aren't activated on the cellular network after an hour. Is it because lots of people are doing this tonight, or do I have to call AT&T, or what?

I activated my phone 1/2 hour back. it took 2 mins. did you order phone from apple or att? I placed my order from att online.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
they say it takes a while but mine always get activated right away. did you try removing the sim and putting it back in?

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
I had cellular service right away but for some reason didn't have a data connection. So I powered off my phone and back on and boom it was there.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I had to call since website didn't activate mine; spent 35 minutes w the activation guy for him to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.