AT&T Tethering Game, School, and all around Net use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cavanboy18, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

I have jail broken and did the dance were i can make my iphone tether at the moment. so far i have tested and use it quite a lot for gaming or school assignments on the go.
    i get decent ping playing games. i was expecting a crappy experience especially First Person Shooter wise. but i play CounterStrike:source just fine with my tethered connection.
    i am actually very happy with how my speeds are in the respect i am using a phone for a connection to game or study. if your not playing a game like a FPS you will barely see a difference in speed versus a dsl wifi connection. if the speeds increase with he 4g iphone which ill be grabbing when its released without a doubt i might stop paying for a dsl connection at my home and just pay for the plan with At&T when available.
    Only if they have a rather good priced unlimited data package and again what are the speeds going to be like. i have been enticed though by sprints 4g on the go "overdrive" i have seen on commercials.
    if any one has tested the sprint product please enlighten me on how your experience is with it.
    Is the internet spectrum moving from a wired household connection to on the go coverage from your cellphone? it seems so with speeds increasing from cell phone providers and products they are rolling out with?

your thoughts appreciated.

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

My first thought for you is definitely DUCK! With you tethering for CS, the psycho flameboys (that hate you for using your unlimited data the way you want) will come out of the woodwork in droves :)

Other than that, use what works best for you, there's always a return period

3. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

playing a game over my phone would cause no more stress then watching a video on youtube. its not like im dling stuff or torrenting.. thats retarded and would take forever.

4. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I know what you mean, but common sense doesn't really run well in their brains ;) I just run streaming music all day and get told off constantly