at&t text messaging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NYCphone, Aug 2, 2007.

1. NYCphone macrumors member

Is there a way to add unlimited text messaging to/from other at&t customers? Anyone try this and get the bill yet?

Thanks!

2. LimeyYankee macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure that texting to ATT customers is free, its when you text other cell providers that they start deducting from the 200 SMS you get.

3. semperfimarine2 macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

thats only if you have the unl. m2m texting plan. thats not that exspensive compared to the regular unl. texting which is $20. you can go to att's website and look at the messaging plans. thats what i did

4. yotaguy macrumors member

All iPhones required one of three data plans, all of which include unlimited data use and visual voicemail

$20 200 SMS messages

$30 1500 SMS messages

$40 unlimited SMS messages

5. jersey macrumors regular

No .... only 1 data plan for the iphone and it includes 200 txts. You can add more txts for more $ per month.

6. badtz macrumors member

You CAN add unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile SMS for $5 extra a month, call the CSR :)

7. unity macrumors 6502a

What he said, $5 to add. Wont help me much since I rarely text in network :(

8. erandall38 macrumors 6502

Just in case you dont believe the two threads above. I just got unlimited texting m2m last night for 5$ a month starting next pay period. Call 611 or you can do it online at your att wirless account

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

10. erandall38 macrumors 6502

Not every feature for ATT service is available on iTunes or advertised on Apple.com
    If you are truly interested in getting unlimited M2M call 611 and you will even hear the add for it while on hold. Then just tell them you want the 5$ unlimited M2M texting and they will put it on your plan.

A little word of advice... don't add it with 2 or 3 days left on your contract, its just a waste of 5$.

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

New Rates for 3G iPhones?

I was looking how much it would cost per month to be on AT&T - wow....

I see that now text messaging is no longer part of the "iPhone Data" plan - it costs extra.

It ALSO seems the packages are 200, 1500, or unlimited. I use about 300/month. So I would have to get the $15 package (1500)?

Didn't they used to have a $10 package (about 1000)?

It's sort of like Dish Networks - there's no "mid" package, they make you get the upper packages just to get what you want.

Looks like it's T-Mobile still for me (400 messages is only $5).