AT&T text msg: Congrats! Your order has been processed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHavequestions, Sep 12, 2014.

1. iHavequestions macrumors regular

My shipping date is 10/31 to 11/11 but suddenly I got a text from AT&T saying that my order has been processed and that I'll be notified when it's being shipped. Does this mean it will be coming soon despite seeing this crazy long ship time?

Does anyone remember what happened with the last iPhone release? Maybe something similar happened that we can compare against?

2. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Got the same message. Hopefully it's good news.

Attached Files:

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

No, it means your payment method has been accepted and your order is "official."

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Ordered 2:45AM CST at ATT with a delivery date of 9/19 and my order has yet to be processed and no text message received.

5. iHavequestions thread starter macrumors regular

6. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

As far as I'm concerned them charging my credit card $548 earlier this morning made my order "official"

7. iHavequestions thread starter macrumors regular

Yep. They charged me at 12:10AM PST. That's official for me. But not for them.

8. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Definitely chaos. It all started when they shut down hours before preorder. I would prefer knowing the numbers ahead of time instead of wasting my time early this morning.

Apple & AT&T had already been on record of the spike in demand compared to previous launched... Yet, I wanna know how much were ordered. Because from the looks of it.. it was only a limited supply. And I assume... majority of the supply is allocated to the Apple Stores. I honestly would prefer them just do what they did with the 5s and not allow preorders. I've been apart of iPhone release days in the past.. but this has got to be the worse one of all.

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

You weren't "charged." It's a PENDING payment (credit hold). If you pay with a DEBIT card (I would NEVER use a debit card) the access to the funds are held by your bank, if you pay by CREDIT card its held against your credit line. This hold usually lasts 4-7 days depending on the bank.

If, for example, the phone didn't ship for a month the PENDING payment will disappear in a few days and you will again have access to the funds or the credit line and then you will actually be charged when it ships.