AT&T Texting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnryjr, Aug 10, 2008.

1. johnryjr macrumors regular

Hi

A friend of mine has a phone (not iphone) on at&t's service. A lot of the time when he sends text messages, they are delayed. Sometimes it is several hours before I get his messages (I currently have Verizon). It is just his phone, or is it a thing with AT&T. This will be a major factor in my deciding to get an iPhone.

Thank You!

John

2. 61132 Guest

I think it has to do with verizon, that would happen all the time when I had my razr with verizon.

3. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

mine does the exact same thing. even to my firends who have att they still get delayed. It only seems to be after around 9 or 10 pm for me its pretty strange. I dont think its the phone though i think it has somethin to do with att.:confused:

4. johnryjr thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the responses. this kind of discourages me...

John

5. spartan55 macrumors newbie

I really wouldn't make a decision from two people. I have had no problems with my texting, maybe the most of a 10 minute delay? But usually everything is perfect. I love my iPhone in every way.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I have no problems texting at all.

7. johnryjr thread starter macrumors regular

That helps, thanks :)

8. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

yea man dont let that keep u from getting the phone. i have had att forever and i always does that sum. i love my iphone in every way and its worth every penny :D

9. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Last night i was out with my girlfriend as well as a few other friends, I wanted to say something in private to my girlfriend so I sent her a text (iPhone 3G to iPhone) and she received it before I even got my phone back in my pocket.

10. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

98% of the time they work flawless. everyonce in awhile u will get a delay. might just be where i live who knows?? nt a biggie though