AT&T - The gang that can't shoot straight ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gwerhart0800, Jun 28, 2010.

1. gwerhart0800 macrumors 6502

So, I upgrade my wife and myself to iPhone 4. She was upgrading from a 1st Gen iPhone. She uses very little data every month, so at the time I ordered the upgrade, I put her on the 200MB data plan. The phones arrived, I got them activated and everything seemed happy. Then I get an e-mail from AT&T telling me:

"Our records indicate your iPhone does not have the correct data plan. We have added the appropriate Data Plan for iPhone. We've also added a messaging package to match the messaging plan included in your previous data and messaging bundle."

Huh? So, I check the account on-line. It shows that she has the iPhone 4 ... the picture matches the new phone. But, it still lists the 1st Gen iPhone data plan. So, I try to change it ... I get an error message. I just called, AT&T's "records" don't seem to show that she activated the iPhone 4? Huh???? The myWireless web site I have access shows that it is active, but the Premier business contact center agent isn't able to see it?

AT&T == fail :mad:

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Easy to hate ATT, but all cellcos have non-existent customer service. T-Mob might be the exception but their network is puny. Grass is always greener on the other side until you get there and find out it's just astroturf.

3. gwerhart0800 thread starter macrumors 6502

I will confess that I started with AT&T Bell Labs in 1984 fresh out of college ... they were just starting their conversion from a Monopoly to a Competitive business. I had kind of hoped that somewhere along the way, they picked up better systems that were capable of actually provisioning service without arcane command line crap or other equally backward methods. I suspect that they are still, at the core, a giant nightly batch processing system ... or worse, monthly. Couldn't some of Apple methods of customer service rub off on them? Please?