AT&T to buy T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rworne, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rworne macrumors 6502

2. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Consolidation of the mobile carrier market is not a good thing.

3. IrishTiger macrumors regular

I haven't read the articles about it - but ATT could possibly run TMobile as a separate entity, and just own it. I would imagine they would merge eventually. I have no idea about the SIM cards - but I assume since I know a few people with iPhones and TMobile sim cards that eventually it will be an authorized phone for them.

4. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

They bought them with plans on using them for their upcoming LTE (4G) expansion.

5. Greg M macrumors 6502

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I went to T-Mobile because of the value that they offer. I'd hate to loose that and be subject to AT&T's expensive rates.

I hope the government steps in and doesn't allow this. We need more choice, not less.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Why can't people read the MR news before starting a thread that's irrelevant in this forum? :rolleyes:

7. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

I'm not well-versed in antitrust law, but on the surface, it seems they could run into some problems.

8. redman042 macrumors 68020

I'm not happy about loss of competition, but as an AT&T customer I am happy about the prospects for increasing coverage reach and density. Of course, we're looking at at least a year before this deal is approved and the networks adjusted to make this added coverage available to AT&T customers.

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.