Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Unless you are terribly concerned about theft/loss then you're still better off going with Apple's out of warranty replacement. With this you pay a monthly premium no matter what and then still have to pay a deductible if you need a replacement. With Apple's out of warranty replacement you're only going to pay if you need the phone replaced.

That being said, I did have a similar insurance policy on a phone several years back and they replaced it for $50 when it fell off of a belt clip (lame, I know) in the rain and I didn't notice it was gone until it was too late.

With Find My iPhone I'm not too concerned about losing my iPhone (as I'm usually very careful with it), and it's just not worth the extra fee to protect against theft.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Anything that doesn't cover loss or theft is worthless. The iPhone is highly sought after and resells easily.

I've never had a warranty related issue. I have left my iPhone in a cab. Oh...and dropped it in the water more than once but both times it survived. (knocks on wood)

browneb

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
Hedgesville, WV
Anything that doesn't cover loss or theft is worthless. The iPhone is highly sought after and resells easily.

I agree! AppleCare is only good if the device actually fails. Me and my family have actually lost our phones, and therefore find loss and theft coverage VERY useful. I'm just glad I won't have to pay an arm and a leg for it anymore. Thanks AT&T! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.