AT&T to Verizon Switch - Unlimited Data under Contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Omega1300, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Omega1300 macrumors member

Hey All - Just looking for opinions. Been with AT&T forever, always on the unlimited data and just kept getting (until recently) new phones under contract every few years. It's worked for me as a single line and I like my unlimited data.

Now, like others of course, we've been hit with a series of data price increases for no reason and Verizon finally offers an alternative (at $80 vs the soon to be $95 I'm currently paying).

My question is this - in the price increase letter I received, it says I have 60 days to cancel with no penalty after they increase my bill. I'm generally billed on the 15th - so do I have to wait another two weeks to switch to avoid the ETF (until my bill actually hits)?

Anyone cancel early without a penalty?

Thanks!

Edit: Can anyone confirm if my iPhone SE, purchased "sim free" from the Apple Store will work on Verizon? I'm hoping so!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, the unlocked SE will work on verizon.
    I'd call AT&T and ask, they should let you port ETF free. You shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks.
    Your bill might be already generated online.

3. Garen macrumors regular

Garen

The SE will work for sure as long as you have an activated Verizon sim, as far as AT&T guidelines are concern I don't know.

4. Omega1300 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for verifying on the SE guys - I'll just have to check with AT&T and see what they say - much appreciated.