Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Seriously... you got bad information. The inventory is already IN TRANSIT to stores, and the average stores are getting THOUSANDS per store. You got some seriously bad info.

Do you think Apple could plan on selling "8 million by this weekend" if they've taken 2 million preorders (I better tell you that leaves 6 million yet to sell), and they have 246 stores in the US and they expect half the sales to come from Apple stores, that means each store expects to sell 10k phones over the course of the long weekend.

40 per store x 6 models = 216,000 over the weekend companywide. They wouldn't have estimated 8 million if they're only able to deliver 1/24th of that. Jeez.

Apple Store Employees are the last place I get reliable info from, FYI

Sorry but she is talking AT&T store and it will only get about 30-40 units first day with more to trickle in afterwards.

It would also take a very large Apple store to get "thousands" of iPhones in for opening day. Other than what was ordered for pick-up the average Apple store would be lucky to have 200-300 in a small market and MAYBE a thousand or two for walk in sales.

You also said: "Apple Store Employees are the last place I get reliable info from, FYI"

Kinda snarky for someone who does not know much more.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.