AT&T Tracking Data Differently?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msw123307, Feb 3, 2011.

1. msw123307 macrumors 6502

When they first introduced the lower-tier options and did away with unlimited data, I checked into getting a lower plan. I noticed that I was well under even the $15 plan, but elected to keep the unlimited because I didn't want to have to worry about minutes.

Anyway, today I checked my usage, and it appears that ATT is tracking data differently, or maybe just differently for the iPhone 4? Ever since I got the phone, my usage has doubled according to ATT. This isn't true. Any thoughts/similar experiences? Graph of my usage below. Seems to me like ATT is trying to screw people.

http://d.pr/CF3s

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

how does this really effect you, you have unlimited data. It's more likely that you have an app that sending/receiving a lot of data more that AT&T lying about your usage.

3. msw123307 thread starter macrumors 6502

It affects me because people are on my family plan now that are going way over the data limits that clearly shouldn't be. Also, on my account, I definitely didn't more than double my usage since getting the iPhone 4. I had the 3g before, and had comparable usage. Apparently there is a class-action lawsuit that was just filed for this very reason. Anyone else with similar problems?

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Why not just jump on the lawsuit then, you obviously have no idea whats using data in the background. Nor no clue how to shut it off, and sounds like your clueless in general. So jump on the lawsuit

/thread

5. msw123307 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

And while you have the perfect opportunity to help someone, you instead insult them.

#fail

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Click on the link and look for the headline story:

Feb 2nd, 2011
    Yahoo: Your buggy IMAP server affects iPhone too; thanks for playing though.
    http://www.withinwindows.com/

Its an interesting read.