AT&T Trade-In Extended

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadSkillzPhan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. MadSkillzPhan macrumors newbie

I went to trade in my old iPhone 5 this evening and was told by the store that they ran out of the promo/gift card. They said they also extended the promo till some date in October. He told me the date but I forgot what he said. Hopefully this is true. I know this AT&T is legit because my sister went to trade in 2 iPhone this morning and I also trade one in last week.

Hopefully it is not store dependent and its company wide.

2. MrRedHat macrumors member

There is a new trade-in which ends on October 31st, but you only get a $100 for the iPhone 4 and 4S. My worry is that I won’t get my $200 for my iPhone 4. The promotion when I bought my iPhone 6 was that if you bought an iPhone 6, they would give you $200 for a trade-in on your iPhone 4.

If I get my stupid iPhone 6 before the end of October and they don’t give me the $200 for my phones, I’ll just return the iPhone 6’s and switch to Verizon at that point.

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I have a better idea, why don't they give us free turkey dinners along with those promos, because that's when we'll be getting our phones by, Thanksgiving. #ATTFAIL

/end rant

4. MrRedHat macrumors member

I don’t mind the waiting too much. What bothers me is wondering if AT&T is going to screw me out of the $200 for the trade-in on my iPhone 4.

5. cymolia macrumors 6502a

can we use the giftcards towards the purchase of the 6 ?

6. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I got an email with my trade in code which says its valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. It talks about mailing in your phone, I wonder if I can walk in to a store and trade it in that way using the code

8. MrRedHat macrumors member

I never got an e-mail with a trade-in code. I ordered 5:00 am Sept 12th for all of my phones. They sent me an e-mail for a promotional code for $200 off an iPad though.

*sigh*, I really hope I won't be forced to switch to Verizon.

----------

I was under the impression that there would be information in the package with the phone when you got from UPS/FedEx.

This is where everything is a big cluster *****, all these trade-in’s, blah blah blah. They should just give a bill credit at the time of purchase and be done with it.