AT&T Trade-in promotion successes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsciel, Sep 14, 2014.

1. dsciel macrumors regular

anyone tried to get you older iphones traded in at At&t stores for the current promotion?

I walked in to the AT&T store today and they have no idea about the promotion and they offer $19 for my scratch free working condition iphone 4 32gb. That is very insulting with such price and they have no knowledge of what AT&T's current promotion. The person said he tried to show the promotion print to the manager and the manager declined it because he point to a small crack on the phone...According to the promotion details, it said it needs to be a good functional condition and not a perfect new phone...

Anyone has luck on this?

2. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

I trie to trade in one of my phones there once and they wouldn't take it. Said it had water damage!I never realized the strip was pink and figured it was from steam in the bathroom. I mentioned there were reports if those strips beig bad from apple and not two ***** was given.
    Had to sell the phone privately even though the thing was practically new.
    Whatever, I got more cash for it anyways so not a total loss.

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

4. vkramer macrumors regular

Traded in 4s and a 5 for $400 credit. Was about to get another $100 for a broken screen iPhone 4, but battery died in the store and they couldn't pull IMEI number. Gonna use it to pay my bill for next few months as I alrdy preordered 6+ online.

5. ORK8 macrumors member

Got the $200 on the spot for my iPhone 4. They never even looked to see if I had an upgrade on order. Bringing in my iPhone 5 when my new phone arrives.

6. Versed macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered an iPhone 6+ at apple.com and successfully traded in a Verizon iPhone 4 at the AT&T store for a $200 promotional card that can be used for in-store or online purchases or to pay the monthly bill. The only snafu I ran into was that the AT&T store claimed I could only trade in the phone for $200 of credit to use in-store that same day, towards accessories. I showed them the fine print of the promotion details but they claimed that their district had their own policies for trading for accessories only...:rolleyes: The manager finally said they would make a one-time exception for me... What nonsense. Anyways I got a $200 promotion card with an expiration date of 1/15. This was in L.A.

7. dsciel thread starter macrumors regular

that is really bad because different store have different rules.

8. Versed macrumors newbie

When we finished the trade-in, the salesperson handling my transaction seemed to imply that the manager may have been mistaken about mandatory trading in for accessories, as they were following the rules of some previous district manager but were now clarifying current rules with management. So no one really knows what is going on.

The $200 pricing for the phone came up automatically when they entered my phone specs into their iPad. There was no question my phone was in excellent condition.

9. dsciel thread starter macrumors regular

would you mind PM me which LA store you went?because i am in LA as well :D

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Some reason it could not be posted here for all to see?

11. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Technically, the iPhone's tolerance for humidity is 95%, so if you go above that, bam, water sensor :)

12. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Sucks, this promo ends 9/30. Was hoping to use it for the Note 4.

13. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Was successful also trading in a Verizon iPhone 4 in store. I had placed my order online with Apple as well, and they never asked. Then as I was leaving the store, I asked when the promotion was ending. The manager said 9/30, but they will check online to see if you ordered the iPhone 6 before then, AT&T would extend the deadline of the trade-in program to account for backorders. When I mentioned that I had ordered at Apple and not AT&T, the manager said the promotion only applies to orders with AT&T.

I read the T&C of the program and it just says "requires purchase of eligible smartphone" e.g. iPhone 6, but not specifically that it has to be bought at AT&T. What do people think?

14. dsciel thread starter macrumors regular

What was the condition of your phone?? i still have no luck yet.

15. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I just mailed in a 16GB 4S for $200 today. My local AT&T Store gave me the same runaround, telling me that the $200 credit had to be used for iPhone 6 accessories, so I have processed the trade-in online. I will have to wait 3 or 4 weeks to get the promotion card in the mail...