AT&T - trouble switching from 9.7 to 10.5"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gorkt, Jun 13, 2017.

1. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

Has anyone had any luck doing this? I tried transferring plans using the option in the setting menu under "Add Plan" then "Transfer Plans" but it keeps sending me to a login page where it keeps asking me for my email and password. I provide them and it tells me that my password is wrong (it isn't ) so I ask for a password reset and I get no email. Is anyone else having any trouble?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2017 ---
    Not only that, but I have called AT&T and they keep telling me to switch sims. So I tell them there isn't one since it is an embedded apple sim and they keep telling me I must be mistaken. Nice when I know more than they do.

2. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Why not just switch sims?

edit, NVM, didn't read fully.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I don’t know about the 10.5 specifically but the 9.7Pro has an embedded SIM and also an empty SIM slot. I just took the SIM from my Air 2 and inserted into my Pro. ATT service has been running on that iPad ever since.

5. gorkt thread starter macrumors 6502

gorkt

There are no sims in either device. It uses the embedded sim.

I took the iPad into the store. They ended up putting a sim in and that seemed to work. Odd that neither person on the phone had never heard of the embedded sim.