AT&T Tuesday Morning??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BG-Mac, Jul 14, 2008.

1. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

My local AT&T is sold out as most are and offered to let me order an iPhone. I refused and asked when they would receive their next shipment and the woman told me "possibly" Tuesday morning, first come first serve. Anyone else hearing this?

2. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Most stores receive very low supply daily shipments. I would just attempt going again over waiting 7-10 days. Best bet is an Apple Store though.

3. El Carbonite macrumors regular

My AT&T store said they're not receiving any new shipments for walk-ins until they get their direct fulfillment orders out of the way.

3-4 weeks apparently until a new shipment comes in. Direct fulfillment orders should start to come in later this week according to the rep.

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I expected Apple to have alot of iPhones available, especially in the U.S. Last year I walked in the Apple store 10:00 p.m on launch day and was in and out in 3 minutes with my iPhone.

My AT&T store said that they would order the iPhone for you and it would ship within 1-2 weeks. Forget that, I'm just going to the Apple Store every morning and praying that I can get my 16GB Black.

5. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

I was told the same thing by a local store on Sunday. Any new phones would go towards filling DF. She said she didn't know when they'd get any for walk-ins.

We don't have an Apple Store in SC, yet - There is currently one under construction on King Str. in Charleston. Can't open soon enough for me.

6. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

So happy that I just went to the Apple store at the mall. Att ran out really fast. They only receive like 50 iphones.

7. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

I'll say it again...

Anything involving AT&T is futile and retarded.

8. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

Remember, AT&T has no control over what they receive. They are totally at the mercy of Apple.

9. techiegrrl macrumors newbie

I heard the same thing today...which is good for me cause I was 8th on the DF list on friday :D

10. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I think that if you haven't ordered from an AT&T store, you'll be waiting a while. Where I live, my only option was my local AT&T store. I ordered direct fulfillment on Saturday morning. They said today that's all they're doing now. Sounded like their next full shipment will be all used up on direct fulfillment orders.

When I called today and asked when those would be in, he said "Hopefully by Friday"...I have a feeling they could start showing up tomorrow. As long as I have it for the weekend, I'll be happy!

11. diabolic macrumors 68000

This is the same thing they are telling people here.

12. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Ditto. Too bad I gotta go there for accessories (I get a discount on them). They always try to push crap on ya....

13. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Same here.

14. El Carbonite macrumors regular

Looks like its being ordered by corporate to tell new customers to just put in an order through DF.

15. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

I think I am gonna go to ATT and do the direct fufillment deal..

16. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Biggest mistake if you have an Apple store near by. I can't even cancel my direct fulfillment, I guess I just have to let it sit for 7 days and cancel on its own.

Waited 3 hours on Friday in front of AT&T store and got nothing. Waited an hour on Saturday afternoon and got myself a 16gb in Apple.

17. nerd macrumors member

I guess I'm the odd one out. I was told just the opposite. Of course it seems that most AT&T employees are trying to say the minimum number of words to get me to leave them alone. Stupid FAN discount.

18. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

LOL

19. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

It seems Apple stores are getting the bulk of deliveries, I went to the Apple store today to return a case for my gen1 iPhone, there was a line about 50 deep, one guy walked up and asked the the Apple sales associate managing the door if he stood in line would he be guaranteed to get an iPhone, she looked at the line, did a quick count and said yes, she then went on to state that they had no 8gigs left, so the Apple store down here had at least 50 16gig iPhones today.. whether or not they're getting another delivery tomorrow? I couldn't tell you..

But I think at this point, going to an Apple store will help your chances of getting an iPhone..

20. werkedm3 macrumors member

The rep at my local ATT store said that direct fulfillment orders and walk-in phones are separate, and that they would be getting shipments more often for walk-ins coming soon.

21. Wailord macrumors 6502

From another thread of mine: "I was driving home from In-N-Out today (best food EVAR)... I drove by an AT&T Store that I went to earlier today to check if they had any 3Gs in stock. Earlier, they said they had already received their shipment, iPhone-less. Anyway, on the way home, there was a DHL truck parked right in front of the store. I called, to which the guy flatly responded "no" when I asked about stock. According the BG (I read this a few days ago), AT&T receives shipments the day before they can sell them (as shown here)... what are the odds that that truck contained some sexy new iPhones? If you guys think it's worth it, I'm showing up at opening, otherwise I'll show up at noon when they get tomorrow's shipment."

Earlier, the rep also said that he thinks he'll a shipment tomorrow (Tuesday), and I've read two posts of reps saying Tuesday for shipments. All signs point to tomorrow!

22. SqB macrumors 6502

I've been with ATT/Cingular long enough to know that that line is probably bologna. Why put the people whose money you already have at the front of the line when you can just keep selling phones to people whose money you don't yet have. They'll get in just enough everyday to keep people lining up so they can DF everyone past the 20 or so in line who will actually walk with one.

23. Clusty macrumors regular

I talked to a woman at the AT&T store, and she said that DF's and walk-ins are two completely different systems, that they WOULD be putting iPhone's on the shelves before all DF's were filled.

24. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Dude I am gonna listen to you...screw ATT and the DF. Nobody has received anything DF yet...and they are now getting backordered emails...I will hit up the two APPLE stores each day starting tommorrow...

Go apple!
    Screw ATT Stores!

25. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I called the at&t store this evening and the lady said that I could come in and order one and it would be there in 10 working days with MY name on it.
    :eek:

Still trying to decide.