iPad mini AT&T turns on LTE Denver Colorado!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hexonxonx, Jun 27, 2013.

1. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Finally have LTE Denver Pecos at Boulder Turnpike area!

Attached Files:

2. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

I still don't have LTE at my house which is only two blocks east of where that test was ran.

3. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Wow im surprised you got 40 on that test everywhere I go I seem to be comparibly slower usually only getting high 20's on my iPad. I also seem to be getting a weak LTE signal in Golden, but when I'm in downtown denver I get it consistently. How about you?

4. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

Yes, this is the best speed test I have ever gotten in any area I've been to but I rarely go too far out of a five mile radius. Since I got my iPad three weeks ago, I rarely would pick up a LTE signal in my area and it would hold just for a few seconds and then switch back to 4G.

I had also noticed overnight Wednesday that I had NO signal whatsoever on my Nexus 7. I had just renewed the AT&T data plan on it after not using it for two months because the my data speeds were always higher on T-Mobile so I used them most of the time. So I decided to give AT&T another chance and to also make sure my AT&T sim doesn't quit working and I get no data and no signal at all. Looks like they were working over night to get LTE working because well, I suddenly had it on my iPad yesterday.

Theres still hope that I will have it at my house which is only two blocks east of where I took that speed test because they are obviously still turning it on in many areas.

There is still a huge area near me not enabled yet, from Pecos east to at least I-25 and from 76th ave at Pecos all the way north down to 85th ave. I can't see them leaving such a huge area not turned on.

We were slow to get 3G enabled back when the iPhone came out. I had the phone for nearly a year before I could get a 3G signal.

5. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Interesting I heard that Colorado Springs and Boulder might be getting LTE turned on soon. It would be very nice considering my commute to boulder everyday. When I travel though I will be in cities that have LTE turned on and their speeds are significantly better than what I'm getting here, is there a big reason why its slower here? As an example I will be in Los Angeles area and get high 30's to mid 40's. Can it be because of congestion maybe?

6. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

I think it's because they don't have all areas covered evenly by towers yet. This is why I was not in a hurry to get an LTE phone and when I did get an LTE device, it was an iPad.

AT&Ts coverage maps show the entire front range is supposed to be covered in LTE but well, it's not or at least not worth anything yet. Their map probably shows what it will be like in another year.

I have hopes that things will get better.