AT&T... UGH!!! Live and Learn...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dadoftwogirls, Oct 14, 2011.

1. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

So where is the logic with AT&T?

I pre-ordered with AT&T 3 hours (EST) after they went live online. No problem. Get message that it could be 2-3 weeks for delievery in my email. WTF? Ok, so I'm thinking they are hedging just in case. Nope. No shipping notice as of today. So now on the day of in store release I call my local AT&T store at 3:30 p.m. EST. Yep, they still have all 3 sizes and both colors available! Can I cancel my online order and just pick up one up at the store instead? AT&T woudl still get my money. According to AT&T... NOPE. I'm now stuck waiting until god knows when when they haven't even sold out at the store. Great logic, great customer service.

2. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Feel better now?

In all fairness, they told you the shipping the time in advance. They're not expected to move it up sooner. Had i seen the 2-3 weeks, I would've gone to the store and taken my chances. This really isn't anyones fault, and you ordered what you ordered.

3. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

No, I don't feel better. Your response is true to an extent, except the part about knowing. It was AFTER the order was complete and I got my confirmation email that it said 2-3 weeks. Nothing on the website said, oh by the way.... your now looking at 2-3 weeks shipping before the transaction was complete. Or even after until the email. Had I known that, I wouldn't be posting, and I'd have my new i4S in hand.

4. shadedred macrumors member

Sorry to hear that, have you tried going to the Apple Store? They have reps from AT&T there as well and seem to be held to a higher standard due to that (I could be wrong with other places). I was just at an Apple Store and when ready for check-out, my eligibility was denied for a discounted upgrade, then I had realized I had pre-ordered it. Granted, I did order through Apple, and not through AT&T. However I was able to talk to both teams (Apple & AT&T), got my order cancelled, my discounted upgrade eligibility re-instated, and came home with the iPhone.... Worth a shot?

5. Space Ace macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. No more pre-ordering from AT&T in the future for me.

6. Weirik macrumors member

That really sucks. I'd be frustrated as well. No one really knew if the stores would have stock or not. People guessed they would but we couldn't say for sure. Hope everything works out.

7. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Cancel the pre order and just buy one from an AT&T store. (they can probably cancel the order at the AT&T store)

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

9. HXGuy macrumors 68000

My At&t order went fine...no issues...but you can just go to the store and buy one and then cancel the pre-order, other have done it without a problem.