AT&T Unlimited Data; $8/month?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hikarie, Mar 20, 2012.

1. hikarie macrumors newbie

2. JLee361 macrumors member

You can't get unlimited data for the iPad anymore from AT&T.

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

The seller, I think, meant to convey that the SIM is active for 3 months already, not that it's $8/mo.

AT&T, as stated above, doesn't offer Unlimited data anymore, so obviously this isn't coming from AT&T.

Super shadypants.

4. hikarie thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, hes had one good feedback for this product specifically. I figured these were grandfathered sims, but I don't know why he would have so many of them.

I purchased one out of curiousity (and hoping for a good deal). I've been using ebay for years now and they've always refunded my money if the item isn't as described. I'll keep this thread updated when i get the sim.

5. JLee361 macrumors member

I was looking at that also on eBay.. I wouldn't trust anybody that doesn't have an original AT&T grandfathered sim to work.. I saw multiple ratings where people said that it did not work. I would just go ahead and cancel it now and save time and effort.

6. md63 macrumors 6502

This isn't the original grandfathered iPad sim. The iPad plan was prepaid monthly and not prepaying for three months in advance. I have an original iPad plan and have never seen an option to prepay for more than one month.

Also the prepaid original plan cost $30 per month. I have used 5 gb in less than one week and would never sell the plan. Original grandfathered plans are selling for over $600 on eBay.