AT&T Unlimited Data and iphone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vitog123, Oct 6, 2011.

1. vitog123 macrumors 6502

Anyone know if AT&T is going to allow us to keep our unlimited data plan if we upgrade to the iphone 4S? Havent seen anything on the subject.. thanks

2. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Should be able to, you're not changing plans, just devices in the same smartphone category. That's what I'm doing.

3. vitog123 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I've had my unlimited plan for years, and used it on several phones of different brands and platforms.

There is only one way to lose it, and that is for YOU to cancel it.

Otherwise as long as you keep it assigned to ANY active smartphone, Android, iPhone or others, you are fine.

5. NoHo macrumors 6502

As long as you're using a smartphone, you can keep it.

I got an unlimited plan with my 3GS in December of 2009 and it broke a couple months ago and I've been using a Motorola Backflip and when I went to check to see if I could upgrade to an iPhone 4 (not the 4S, I was just checking to see if it allowed me to keep everything the same) and it got to the part of picking a data plan, it gave me the option of unlimited. I called them and they said it will be the same way with the iPhone 4S preorder.

I use between 1gb-4gb of data a month, and that's just for basic use when I'm not around WiFi. A 2gb cap on data would be a deal breaker for me. I'll stay with whoever has an unlimited data plan, even if it's more expensive.

6. marci65 macrumors newbie

We have a family plan with ATT. My son and I each have 3GS with unlimited data plan. My husband will be getting his first iPhone when we all get the 4S in November. Will I be able to get my husband unlimited data on his phone too, since my son and I had it to begin with?

7. NoHo macrumors 6502

8. dave006 macrumors 68020

No your husband will not have an option to select the unlimited data plan.

You will have to choose one of the currently available iPhone data plans.

Dave