AT&T unlimited data plan cancelled??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kingtj, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kingtj macrumors 68020

I'm one of those people who was "grandfathered" in on the "unlimited" 3G data plan with AT&T on my iPad, because I signed up while they still offered it for $29.99 per month, and kept paying continuously for it since then.

Well, today, my kid fired up my iPad while I was driving her to school, and said "Dad! It's got some kind of error on the screen!" It was telling me my 3G data plan had no data left on it, and to click to pay for another plan.

My credit card on file was still valid, so no issues with it expiring on them or anything.... but when I clicked the purchase button, I was only offered the 2 current data packages (250MB per month or 2GB per month). No way to continue on with my unlimited package?

Has anyone else run across this? I'm wondering if AT&T finally decided to put an end to the unlimited package for everyone?

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Give 'em a call and they'll reactivate. It happened to my wife recently and they were especially helpful and courteous. Took about 3 minutes, call included.

3. mgg macrumors member

I have 2 iPads on the unlimited plan, and they were both renewed with no problems last week.

4. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

It happened to me too. It's happened to lots of customers after the 4.2 upgrade. Call the AT&T iPad Customer Service. They'll help you reactivate your account; even if it's been longer than the 7 day grace period.

5. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Mine is still intact as an unlimited account. I use 3G all the darn time and my stats say I've downloaded 2.8 gb since June (last time I reset it).

6. pv1191 macrumors member

The same thing happened to me the other day. When I called them they said there was an upgrade done on their system for the iPad and alot of people did not have the auto pay go through. Just make sure they set it up for auto renewal or it will terminate again in 30 days.

7. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Same here, I wanna be mad about being stuck with 2GB (I didn't get an iPad soon enough), but I'm on WiFi so much, I just wouldn't ever use it LOL.

Granted, it's so limited on iOS anyway as to what you can do over 3G, otherwise I probably would eat it up. (Or do what I did with my old smartphone, forget to turn on WiFi because 3G is so fast at my place, and it was unlimited, and use TONS of data lol)

8. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

Termination after 7 days

I just had this same issue where there was nothing wrong with my card but then my unlimited plan was not renewed. I had to select a new plan which didn't include the unlimited. I called the service center and they were able to add the unlimited feature back on without a problem.

I was told by AT&T that you have within 7 days of the renewal error for them to put back on the unlimited plan. Not that you want to chance that long but I figured it was good for everyone to know.

9. Cowboy70s macrumors newbie

I received a email today saying that I had reached my limit and that my Internet would shut down. I looked and I was at 4.75 gigs. So I call them up and asked why my data air card was going to shut down, they told me my unlimited was canceled. They said my contract was up. I told them just cancel it! I asked if I still had unlimited on my iPhone and they said yes. So for now I still have it on my iPhones.

10. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a