AT&T Unlimited Data Plan Grandfathered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattwallace24, Oct 7, 2011.

1. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

Purchased my 4GS this morning through the apple.com site and was happy to see the option to continue my AT&T unlimited data plan.

Appears to be no worries to continue this plan for those who locked into it before AT&T went to tiered pricing.

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

In less than ten minutes on AT&T I was confirmed with unlimited as well. Never a problem with AT&T :)

3. scrace89 macrumors member

What did you select when ordering?

4. mattwallace24 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually the pre-selected option was $30 unlimited data. It gave you the option to switch it to one of two tiered plans.

5. Slayerboym88 macrumors regular

Was your SMS package grandfathered in as well? I am an old AT&T user and had no problem with the data plan, but they forced me into a $20/mo SMS plan, instead of preserving my $15/1000 plan.

6. mattwallace24 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a family unlimited texting plan and the apple.com system didn't show an option to change it (or force me to change it). From what I've read, the issue appears to be with people on individual (versus family) texting plans.

I'd just call AT&T today and ask them to change you back to what you had. Others have reported calling in and having it changed back.