AT&T Unlimited Data Plan...Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mkflyfish, Jul 10, 2011.

1. mkflyfish macrumors member

mkflyfish

OK,

We have 4 iphones in our family, and 5 lines on a family plan, all the iphones are on unlimited data plans.

I want to change my iphone number from phone 5 to phone 3. Phone 3 is not an iphone, it's a razor, and I want to keep my unlimited data.

I was told by AT&T CS earlier this week that this could be done, but I needed the sim card for phone 3, which I left 800 miles away. So I drove 50 miles to the closest AT&T store today, got a sim card, think everything is fine, drive away, no data....Go back to store, they call CS, 50 minutes later, the CS reps try to do it, want to do it, but can't do to old codes.

Basically they can give me a new number and keep unlimited data, but not switch from an existing to another existing. This doesn't work for me, as I really want number 3 (as we have 1, 2, 3 and 4 all in a row), and want to keep number 5 so that I can port it to a new service for business purposes.

5 isn't in the row, and is also in a different area code.

Any suggestions, other than call AT&T CS and try again, or give up.

thanks,
    Michael

2. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

If you move the data to the RAZR you will lose your unlimited plan, nothing you can do about it. You can use your iPhone sim in the RAZR but you won't get data unless you move off your unlimited data plan.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat