AT&T unlimited data throttling bypass?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SergioFern, Jan 31, 2012.

1. SergioFern macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4s on AT&T with unlimited data, but i'm getting throttled every month in my first week at less than 2 or 3 GB. It's absurd, and I don't want people posting in this thread complaining about my data use and taking AT&T's side. What I want is if anyone knows a way to spoof my carrier and letting me get full speed data. There HAS GOT to be a way to do it that I don't know and if anyone can tell me anything useful, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

Nope. It's on there end, nothing you can do about it.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Jesus... 2 - 3gb in your first week of your billing cycle?! Thats way too much data usage and AT&T is on the side of right for throttling you! ;):p:D

Also does anyone know how to make money grow on trees? There HAS GOT to be a way to do it that I don't know! ;)

4. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Yes.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like said above its done on their side and based on your sim card. No apn editing or anything that can be done on the user side besides using another sim.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

you are SOL... noting you can do about it

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

There is a difference between "there has got to be a way" and "I want there to be a way."

8. solo118 macrumors 65816

Are you tethering much? They can boot you off of the unlimited plan so be careful!

If not, and you are watching a ton of videos just try hooking up to wifi whenever possible, theres more free hotspots than you think!