Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
So earlier this month due to their new unlimited mobile to mobile promotion, I dropped to the 700 min plan and signed up for unlimited mobile to mobile. I barely came under the wire with like 15 min left on my 700 min plan.

I go over my bill and I realize there are mobile telephone numbers that AT&T is billing at regular minutes instead of mobile to mobile. In fact almost 150 min worth on this bill alone. That's a 150 min of rollover minutes that could have been banked for future use.

Since I'm on a FAN plan, (AT&T small business is closed over the weekends) I'll have to wait till monday to call in and sort this out. I never even looked at the bill before w/1400 min and A list I always had a ton of minutes left over.

Whether this is a simple mistake or a well calculated maneuver on AT&T's part, I suggest you go over your phone bills this month.

krs7272

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2010
Detroit
Thanks for the headsup. I'll have my brother take a look at the bill

I've looked at my usage the last week online and looks to be correct so far on my account.

I also know when changing services/rate plan etc. via the website it will ask you how you want the changed applied i.e effective immediately, next billing cycle and so forth.

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
I find with plans like this, it's all in who you get to change your plan whether it's someone in store or on the phone. Some people just don't know what they're doing or how to apply certain numbers to the Mobile to Mobile category.

On the other hand, if you did it online, the system could have not registered it properly and this has happened to me as well. Changed 2 different things in the system one month and the computer did one correctly and not the other.

I'd suggest that anytime anyone ever changed anything on a phone/internet/cable plan, to check your 1st bill since the change and make sure it's accurate.

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
Mine seems to be great! We were on 1400, but never used A list, now we dropped down to 700, save $20 a month, and have the same exact thing, unlimited to everyone :) its Great! I made sure they applied it right away, but everything seems correct :) hope you get ur problem fixed, This should be At&t's fault if i am correct, if you go in like you said, they should fix it right up for you :)

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Check to see if you might have opted for the M2AM feature to start at the next billing period. What might have happened is that you dropped to the 700-min plan (losing A-list in the process) retroactively to the day of the current period. This would make all of your normally-uncounted calls (other than AT&T mobiles) count towards anytime minutes. Should be alright next month though if that's what happened.

Forgot to add this: mine worked perfectly fine, and I have a fan number as well.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
My bill this month is very cheap for some reason...I think they messed something up but I'm not complaining.

I went from the 2100 minute plan to the 700 minute plan with the unlimited M2M calls. The difference is about $40 a month less...so I expected my normally $210 bill to be around $170.

Got the bill today and it's $131. That's for 2 iPhones on a Family Plan...700 minutes, unlimited messaging with free M2M...one iPhone has the $30 unlimited data plan and the other the $15 200MB plan.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
My bill this month is very cheap for some reason...I think they messed something up but I'm not complaining.

I went from the 2100 minute plan to the 700 minute plan with the unlimited M2M calls. The difference is about $40 a month less...so I expected my normally $210 bill to be around $170.

Got the bill today and it's $131. That's for 2 iPhones on a Family Plan...700 minutes, unlimited messaging with free M2M...one iPhone has the $30 unlimited data plan and the other the $15 200MB plan.

Sounds about right. Mine was $137 before we added another a month ago. Both of the iPhones had the $25 2GB plan. (15% FAN discount on minutes and texting only would make it about the same).

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
update:
So I called in this morning. And as I had suspected they dropped my plan to 700 minutes. But conveniently forgot to add in the unlimited mob-2-mob (Despite the follow up call last month to confirm that it had been added).

At first the CSR tried to convince me that I already had unlimited mobile-2-mobile. But I told her that was only for ATT phone lines, not any phone line. After a few minutes of putting me on hold she comes back with the correct plan.

and then I got her to toss in 500 roll over minutes to cover the incorrectly billed calls last month. :D

ATT phone service may not be #1, but their customer service is pretty damn good. I don't know why they consistently get rated poorly.

And the phone bill for 2 Iphones with unlimited data, txt for $151 (tax included), is sweet.

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
ATT phone service may not be #1, but their customer service is pretty damn good. I don't know why they consistently get rated poorly.

So how many times did you call them again to get things corrected? :) It's nice that you got it resolved (maybe), but if they were doing the right job, you wouldn't have had to call them back.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
So how many times did you call them again to get things corrected? :) It's nice that you got it resolved (maybe), but if they were doing the right job, you wouldn't have had to call them back.

I guess I had to call twice (once initially a month ago, and once today). But at least they took care of it with minimal hassle over the phone.

I didn't get connected with a call center in India, or have to sit on hold for 30 minutes, didn't have to listen to a rep reading from a book of canned responses, didn't have to demand to speak with a manager, didn't have to hear "there is nothing we can do about it" .... "thats our policy", etc.

She changed the plan, and tossed in 500 minutes to shut me up, just as I was gearing up to give her all the reasons why I should be credited back minutes, etc.

NikeTalk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
They messed up my bill this month its showing up $25.93 instead of the usual $75.93! The only correct amount is on the paper bill and not OLAM or MyATT app which is how I normally pay my bill. I have the 450 mins, 2GB, and unlimited texts.

Also, I didn't understand why people didn't backdate the M2AM plan and get those mins back?! It's simple. My friend was all scared and decided to wait it out a month and idk why cause it didn't affect me and I even showed her!

ZZANG

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Planet Cybertron
It is always recommended to make any changes on the day of a new billing cycle so you do not get hit with prorated charges. Also, if you signed up with a new plan - most often you have to request the rollover minutes to carry over as well which they will do. Sorry to hear about this. It happened to me before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007

Sounds about right. Mine was $137 before we added another a month ago. Both of the iPhones had the $25 2GB plan. (15% FAN discount on minutes and texting only would make it about the same).

AT&T bills ahead of the service period. So, the credit you just got was for the full reduction of of NEXT month's service, plus the prorated portion of the current month (that you paid for last month for the larger minute plan). Sounds confusing but that's how it works.

Your next bill should be your "new normal".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.