AT&T unlimited users, how did it go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pavelbure, Sep 12, 2014.

1. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

I was never given a option to choose a plan and at the end it said "all of your devices will be converted over to your new mobile share value plan within 48 hrs of the device being shipped" anyone else see this or were able to pick a plan ?

2. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

It automatically My plan so no worries still unlimited.

3. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

There was a small box that said to keep exsiting plan you had to check. ATT made it very small compared to NEXT. They also defaulted to paperless billing if you do not UNcheck another box. AT&T is very sneaky

5. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I went through the app and I think I clicked "upgrade this phone"

Attached Files:

6. nopassn macrumors regular

Ditto... Wasn't "hard" at all, but it could have been easier- they're really pimping that NEXT shiz...

7. entlassen macrumors member

What page on the AT&T site does it have this small checkbox? I don't think I saw it on the page for full-price no-contract phones. Do you mean it appeared for both the NEXT and 2-yr contract webpages?

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I didnt see a box to check either but I think I'm good. In my confirmation email it still showed unlimited data.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Not sure but one of the pages there was a box that said to keep existing plan.

10. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I voluntarily sacrificed two of my unlimited accounts on my family plan and switched to 10GB shared data.

11. iSkipTheS's macrumors member

All I was seeing were the Next plans and the full price for the phone on the AT&T Premier site. After checking my wife's account I discovered that I was not eligible for an upgrade until Oct. 12th (forgot I waited a month last time). I clicked the shared upgrade button at the bottom of the page and swapped our eligibility dates. I was then able to select and keep my Unlimited plan and upgrade without the Next plan.

12. entlassen macrumors member

Is the checkbox you're describing found on the AT&T site or the Apple site? I'm not seeing it on the AT&T site.

13. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

14. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

My brother sold his 5s and got the 6 with no problems keeping his unlimited, tho he keepd complaining to me about the throttling he would get when going over 3gb with his 5s. I just told him live with it, it could be worse. :rolleyes:

15. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Sorry at the AT&T site. COuld not get into the Apple site so ordered both via AT&T

16. hansokl macrumors regular

17. pavelbure thread starter macrumors 6502a

I called and the person I talked to said I still have my unlimited plan. I'm leaning towards I still have it. My order status does not say anything about switching and I also was never given a choice or price comparison on data plans. Just that little paragraph appeared at the end of checkout after I hit purchase on the last page.

18. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I ordered my AT&T 6 plus via the App Store on The NEXT program and had no issues at all with keeping my unlimited data plan.

19. rg3design macrumors newbie

I ordered thru AT&T because Apple's site was down. I did not see a check box to keep my existing plan and made my purchase. It wasn't until the order was processed I saw that the unlimited plan was marked as removed in my order confirmation.

I called AT&T this morning and spoke to a rep who noted on my account that I wanted to go back to Unlimited data. She instructed me to call AT&T before activating my new iPhone to make sure everything goes through alright. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she put enough notes in my account to allow me to switch back to unlimited.