Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spontida

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Is it possible to buy one at this point? My Apple stores around me only have AT&T and since it's also GSM as T-mobile, I was thinking I could just buy it in full without a plan and then just take the phone to T-mobile.

Also if it is, I don't have to start a plan with AT&T?

Last edited:

MrOlsen

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
I bought an AT&T 6 plus at Apple Store (full price) and that was unlocked right out of the box.

MrOlsen

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Did you have an AT&T plan?

Yes, but since I bought it at full price it was not linked to my plan or phone number in any way. When I got home I first tested with my AT&T sim from my previous 5S and after that I tested with a Danish sim. The Danish sim were using T-mobile when roaming.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Spontida

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Thanks, but I just got super lucky and ordered a T-mobile phone at an Apple store!! Hopefully they send me a confirmation soon.

alonsotores

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2015
London
for me the best is to buy Locked iPhone 6 on AT&T and then to go to unlock on some factory unlock iPhone companies, in this way will save much money to you. Unlocked iPhones is very expensive to buy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.