AT&T upgrade eligibility questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Jun 6, 2010.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Here are the upgrade statuses for my family's phones:

My father (Current iPhone bought in June 2009)
    As a valued AT&T customer, this line qualifies for discounted equipment pricing when you sign a new 2-year commitment.
    iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

My mother (Current iPhone bought in May 2010)
    You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 12/04/2011
    iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 12/04/2011

My brother (Current iPhone bought in May 2010)
    You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 12/04/2011
    iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 12/04/2011

Me (Current iPhone bought in August 2009)
    You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 03/23/2011
    More Details
    iPhone Upgrade
    You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing at a participating retail sales location. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 03/23/2011

Why is it that my mother and brother can get partial discounts on a new phone even though they bought new phones two months ago? Why do I get no discount whatsoever even though I bought mine almost a year ago?

If my mom has no interest in getting the new iPhone, would I be able to use her upgrade on my line? We are all on a family plan.

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Take a look at my upgrade guide in my sig.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't know, but the people who do know are at the end of a phone call, i.e., AT&T. I'm not trying to sound snarky, but rather point out that you'll find the exact answer from AT&T

Yes

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Correct, they do know. I didn't know I could have an early upgrade til I called.

5. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Thanks, guys! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

6. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Sorry, one more question. If I call AT&T and I tell them the situation, could they possibly readjust my mom and brother's upgrade date (if what's i posted is an error on their part)? I don't want to screw them over.

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

You could always try, but they really have no control over changing upgrade dates for the iPhone. They have control if the upgrade is involving non-iPhones.