AT&T Upgrade Eligibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tahoeroscoe, Oct 1, 2011.

1. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

Dumb Q of the day: Anyone think ATT will move up our upgrade date so we can get the new 4S/5 on launch day? I bought iPhone4 on launch day and it looks like i'm gonna have to pay full retail to get the new iPhone, unless i want to wait until February.

AT&T Upgrade Status:
    • You are not Eligible at this Time - You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 02/25/2012

iPhone Upgrade Status:
    • You are not Eligible at this Time - As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year commitment. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 02/25/2012
    Whether you are eligible for an upgrade or not, you can still proceed to the online store.

2. gta50419 macrumors 6502

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

That is not a definite, just most likely so op don't get mad if it doesn't happen. I hope it does because my upgrade is set for February 11th 2012.

4. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Actually you are currently eligible for the early upgrade based on the message you posted. Full discount price + $250 and not the higher full retail.

Dave

5. tahoeroscoe thread starter macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

Ah... well i guess that's better than nothing. It just seems like they would have more reason than ever to bump it up for us because for the 1st time those of us in the US have another option. If i have to pay full price or close to full price i'm more inclined to switch carriers. If i switch carriers to get the subsidized pricing i'll probably break even or do better even with the early term fee.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

They will.
    Or they won't.
    Anyone who truly knows isn't saying.

What people think is irrelevant, all that counts is what they say on Tuesday.

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I got the iPhone 4 on lunch and AT&T says I'm Eligible on 11/19.... What I don't get is I checked a few months back and it said I was Eligible on 7/19.
    I wonder why AT&T changed upgrade data?

8. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I bought about a week after launch and this is what I get:

As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you discounted equipment pricing with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

I think that means I get the full upgrade price. I don't know why I have it and you don't, except that my total bill is over 100$ including tethering, and I read somewhere that AT&T treats customers better who have individual plans that cost in excess of $100/month.