AT&T vacations: June 15-July 15

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jun 11, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Ok, so was this really addressed with the AT&T stores...no vacations between June 15-July 15?

If so, I'm not sure I get the logic behind it if the iPhone comes out July 11th. I can see them blocking some time out for training, but considering the 3G iPhone isn't really that much of a revision, what training is necessary in which you can't take a vacation during this time?

Seems to me, it would make more sense to just block out the month of July and not mess with June since the phone isn't on sale.

:rolleyes:

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i dont think everything at&t does has to do with the iphone...

3. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

In our iPhone centric world it may sometimes slip our minds that other products exist out there and could be announced. Also, who knows what might come out of Jobs' magic hat before July 11th, Apple adn ATT want to make sure that preparations for the release are not neglected in the least.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Also when the made the announcement they probably didn't have a release date yet. They need to give their employees sufficient time, but due to the way technology can be delayed and such Apple wouldn't know yet on the exact release date. This explains the wide 1 month gap. The plan was just to release the iphone somewhere inside that timeframe! :)

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    There are reports that the new phone is behind in production and was supposed to have been ready by WWDC.

Who knows? Another large carrier has cancelled vacations for all its employees (not just sales people) later this summer, but that's because of strike fears, not any new phone.

6. jreed macrumors newbie

I cant really speak on the vacation, but I spoke to an AT&T employee reguarding hiring temp workers for the summer. ACCORDING TO HIM at&t does this every summer. Probably doesnt have anything to do with temp workers but I thought it was worth mentioning.