AT&T/ Verizon compatibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bamafever09, Oct 9, 2014.

1. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

Hey guys. I bought the iPhone 6 on AT&T and love it. However my buddy has a 6plus on Verizon and wants to trade me because he regrets getting the plus. If I unlock my phone will this trade work at all? I know Verizon is unlocked, but will it work on GSM and vice versa? Thanks for the help.

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Should work. Only problem is the device will probably be seen as a "NON-VZW DEVICE". I have no idea if this impacts anything

3. ag29 macrumors 6502

Verizon Iphone 6 will work on AT&T no problem

AT&T Iphone 6 on Verizon should work but you may run into some signal issues. Note some people have reported that they were unable to get it to work.

Give it a try. Swap the sim cards with the phones but make sure the AT&T phone is unlocked first.

4. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

should work no problem as long as AT&T version is unlocked.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Verizon will only allow phones that are sold as Verizon to be used on their network.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Verizon told me the VZW will work with AT&T but the AT&T won't work with Verizon. They could have been pulling my leg because they wanted the sale...which Apple got anyway.

7. khabboub macrumors member

the verizon phone will work on at&t

the at&t phone WILL NOT work on verizon.

8. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

Verizon will not knowingly (most CSR won't anyway) activate a SIM card to be used on an AT&T iphone. However, if you have a SIM card already activated with Verizon's network, it will work in an AT&T iPhone

----------

See above.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Partially incorrect. Verizon will work on AT&T 6/6Plus. I can confirm by inserting my nano sim card from my Verizon iPad Mini Retina wifi + cellular into my unlocked AT&T 6 Plus and it does work (of course data only since it came from my ipad). Provided that you have an active account on Verizon you should be fine.