AT&T Verizon Data Plans and 4s vs 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApleSmaple1981, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ApleSmaple1981 macrumors member

Greetings,

I have less than 24 hours to make a decision. I am unhappy with Sprint's customer service.

1. I fear if I switch to Verizon or AT&T for the iPhone, sprint with get it and I will have lost out on the cheapest plans around!

2. I fear if I stay with Sprint and hope for them getting the iPhone in September and it doesn't come true untile 2012, I will have missed out on Verizon's unlimited data plan!

Thoughts comments?

A. AT&T vs. Verizon iPhone experience in New York (Long Island/NYC)
    B. iPhone 4 vs. rumored 4S (worth upgrade or just get 4 and wait a year for 5)

Thanks all!

Cheers

2. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

no 4s in september there will be the 5.

and no solid evidence points to sprint getting the iPhone. mostly wishful thinking.

if you want verizon's plan get it now with a crap phone and get the iPhone later.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I think Verizon's unlimited data plan gets phased out for new customers on Thursday.

4. 7thMac macrumors 6502

Customer service? Do you really have to use it all that often? I rarely have reason to call my carrier unless the bill has an error.

5. FX4568 macrumors 6502

palm pixi. get unlimited, suspend until iphone comes out. voila

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Have no Fear:)
    Get the iphone now. If you need to get out of contract and go back to Sprint you can always sell your iphone and make up the money for the ETF.

7. ApleSmaple1981 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I use customer service when I have issues with my phone...Sprint has been atrocious and I now have an HTC EVO that has many network/radio interference issues and they want me to pay over 100 to replace it.

My GF has an old crappy 3G on T-Mobile and is moving up to NY soon. I am fearful of waiting for the Sprint iPhone, which may never come, and at earliest arrive in October.

A rep on a chat told me that I could purchase the iPhone 4 now and if I really want to upgrade I can exchange them by October and get some discount towards the new purchase.

I'm talking myself in Verizon because AT&T has very spotty service in NYC/LI area.

I only have reservations with Verizon because they are the most expensive by far.

8. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I would pay the extra money for a carrier that gives me the best service for my location. I went with AT&T after moving to a new house... after being a long time Verizon customer (since AirTouch) because of the poor Verizon phone coverage in my neighborhood. If it weren't for that, we would still have Verizon phones. I still use Verizon 4G LTE and 3G data because they do have better data coverage, so I still do business with them. Verizon does have very good customer service. They understood our frustration with the phone coverage, and allowed us to cancel our contract with no penalty. I had to base my decision on what carrier gives me the service for my location... and not so much the cost or perks carriers have to offer.