Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

916Kev

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Sacramento, CA
For a fan discount: bring in your most recent pay stub to a corporate location and they'll apply it. Are you on the old plan or new shared everything? Reason why I ask is because if you're on our old plan then the 15% applies to everything. If you're on the new shared everything then the discount only applies to your data NOT your monthly line usage: $40/smartphone, $30 basic, etc. Just your data. Hope this helps.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Not sure, by doing my calculations with the calendar I get June. Since october 2011 till October 2012 would be 24. 4 months before October is June. But pretty close either way.

I know, I dont feel special no more:D

Wait, yea, you're right.

FAIL.

Nevermind false alarm, not an early upgrade.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

In regards to early upgrades....I've bought every generation of iPhone through AT&T on launch day (including the 4s). I've never paid anything but the lower price with a contract extension....In additionI just checked my upgrade eligability and I'm eligable for an upgrade already... :confused:

Sooo....not sure if I'm lucky, or what....

AT&T made the change last year, so the 4S was the last phone that most of us could get on a yearly upgrade cycle at a full discount. I'm not sure why you are also eligible this year, as I think many of us who ordered the 4S on arrival have a full discount available in May. Maybe you are lucky.
I'm not really into the yearly upgrades myself. Since I want to 64 GB model $400 a year is a little expensive for me.

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
Keep in mind that AT&T has two upgrade options:
1) the Early Upgrade, which is the subsidized price plus $250 and
2) the Regular Upgrade, which is the subsidized price

My early termination fees are about the same as my early upgrade fee. It seems like AT&T is trying to make it easy for me to switch to Verizon. I'm still on the fence but Verizon LTE in my local area, with AT&T having no LTE upgrade plans announced, sure tilts me towards Verizon.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Thanks for the reply.

The lack of a yearly upgrade path for iPhone guys may be a deal killer ;(

I don't think AT&T allows it either? I swear that I kept hearing how AT&T was going to stop it after last year (or is it just they stopped letting some people get full upgrades but they still offer a partial upgrade?).

----------

The one thing keeping me on AT&T are those horrible mandatory Verizon "Share everything" plans. I'd be paying about $15 more per month with Verizon because of it, compared to what I pay now with AT&T.

They make sense, I guess, if you have 2 or more devices on one account that you're sharing data with, but if you want to be in charge of your own, individual account, it's not worth it.

No, they don't even make sense with two lines. Me and my roommate would be paying 30 dollars more on Verizon's (or AT&T's) share everything plan and getting far less data that we would have to share than we would if we were on AT&T's 3GB plan (we have grandfathered unlimited but the 3GB plan would cost the same). Basically it would be pay more and have to share 1 GB, or pay less, and each of us get 3 GB.

I think you have to have a lot of devices and/or also need lots of minutes and texting (we don't pay for texting and we have a small minutes plan we share and don't need more). The share everything plan can be good for you depending on what you need and how many people you are splitting with (and how much they would use).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.