AT&T Very Desperate or Very Smart?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MallCop, Mar 6, 2011.

1. MallCop macrumors 6502

So I canceled my AT&T iPhone in favor of a Verizon one to get better voice coverage but I do miss the data speed so I decided to get an AT&T iPad 2. I called them tonight to inquire about lowering or canceling my ETF if I activated new iPad service and the agent went and talked to his manager and the manager said that it would not be a problem I just have to talk to the activations department so I will call them tomorrow and find out what will happen.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Actually it just sounds like good old fashioned customer service.

3. nmills macrumors regular

+1

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

5. nmills macrumors regular

Maybe I'm in the minority, but ive had nothing but great service from ATT!

6. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

Agreed. Sounds like good business. Lose an iPhone. Gain an iPad.

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I've always had good customer service from AT&T. Whenever I have called complaining about the slowness of my data service, I always got a credit on my next bill. But the biggest thing that made me happy with AT&T is I got the deposit that I had to pay to go from prepaid to postpaid back a month early. I had landline with Verizon four years ago and they never had good customer service.

8. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

I think their data service is the best but the voice was lacking in my area. I would have stayed since voice isnt that big of a deal for me but switching to verizon allowed me to go on a family plan and pay much less for my service each month.

And I agree that this is great business practice and they will gain me as a long time customer. I guess the figure the $265 now isnt worth the potential thousands over time is I reactivated an iphone.

9. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree Verizon's customer service is horrible but I guess thats what you get for them being a monopoly in many areas.

10. zenio macrumors 6502

I've always had good service like this from AT&T.

During the same time frame (ten yrs) I've also been with Verizon. I have nothing bad to say, the only difference I've experienced is Verizon tends to be more expensive and pushes hard to sell you V-Cast apps & services.

I have Android phones on both networks. AT&T has faster data/Internet service, whereas Verizon is noticeably slower. Still reliable yet slow. Overall they both do a good job, just different which is to be expected.