AT&T Video Share - Apple's 3G Secret?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anthonyjr, Jun 11, 2008.

1. anthonyjr macrumors member

anthonyjr

I had to call AT&T yesterday to activate my mom's new 3G phone. I was listening to some of the "new things" going on at AT&T while waiting for an operator, and this caught my ear.

AT&T 3G Video Share

There are many cool things that Apple can now introduce for the 3G iPhone because of it's network speed. Video sharing seems very very reasonable once video is implemented into the software.

While I'm sure the majority of users wanted video conferencing, there are definitely some limitations that don't allow it to be so useful: It's totally not possible to use in a noisy environment without an headpiece, and you can't walk down the street while staring into your phone without being cautious of your surroundings. Video conferencing would be an "at home" thing... maybe better off in iChat or Skype territory.

I think 3G Video Share could definitely be a secret possibility.

2. touchyphone macrumors regular

Can you get me one of those 3G phones you have early so I can activate one? How'd you get it so early? ;)

3. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

4. jdoyle17859 macrumors newbie

5. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Sounds like the next MMS-style debacle in the making; You can send MMS on every other ATT phone, except iPhone; the evolution of that would be "sure you can view shared video on the iPhone; with YouTube ;)