AT&T Visual Voicemail question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heatguts58, Mar 7, 2009.

1. heatguts58 macrumors member

I recently bought an iphone through craigslist. Inserted my AT&T simcard, added data plan and was soon hoping for visual voicemail. But it just pops up dialed voicemail, whats up? Again, I'm legit through AT&T and the phone is locked. Any tips? Thanks.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

wonder if you need a new sim card. I needed one when I upgraded. then had to set up voice mail again. it is sure nicer then the old way I hated getting my voice mails.

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

You do have to setup your voicemail again like when you first got your account. If you didn't do this it would account for the problem. I doubt you'd need a new SIM unless it's really old, and even then, I dunno.

4. jackie41 macrumors newbie

Visual Voicemall

Just call AT&T customer service and they will add it to your phone. I had to do that when I did the same thing that you.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

First, did you add the iPhone data plan and how did you add it?

Visual Voicemail only works with the iPhone data plan. It is a provisioned feature on the line based on having the iPhone data plan.

The easiest way to verify your status is to call your voicemail and if it the same way you left before you added the data plan then you don't have Visual Voicemail. When Visual Voicemail is added it resets your voicemail and you will have to setup.

If it has been reset, just call your phone from another line and it will then allow you to configure Visual Voicemail via the iPhone.

Dave