AT&T vs. Apple store purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macpluslaptop, Jun 30, 2008.

1. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Is there any advantage to getting the 3G from the Apple Store? Is activation the same at either site?

And can an iphone with a problem be taken to the AT&T store, or is it supposed to be seen by a Genuis? :confused::confused:

2. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Be aware that apple stores will have 'pay as you go' only. If you want a contract phone you need to go with AT&T

3. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

The advantage of getting it at an apple store is atmosphere, and the people selling it to you. Bottom line is that an AT&T store might be a better idea, just cause it will be quite a bit less crowded.

I have one apple store really close to my house, and a couple of att stores. I figure the apple store will be packed on the 11th, so I will go to the att store. Also, if you are one of those people with a complicated plan and situation, being at an att store would be a lot easier.

4. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

Um, dude we are in america... In america there will be NO pay as you go, option. And apple stores will be selling it the same way as ATT.

5. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

apologies 'know-it-all' - I'll stick to my side of the pond :eek:

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

you get to say you bought it from an apple store, and you could try to find someone who is going to give you a t-shirt, i'm sure there will be a special t-shirt that they will be wearing for the iPhone launch

7. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

Sorry if my response was a bit harsh my friend :). Consider yourselves lucky in the UK that you are able to get the "pay as you go" plans.

(For the record, I am half british:) )

8. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

No problem know-it-all - no offence taken :):):cool:

(which half ;) )