AT&T vs FCC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhl, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhl macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

What happened to the AT&T Bandwidth Throttling thread? Why did the Moderator delete it? There was some valuable information there on how to file a complaint with the FCC.

2. jupman macrumors newbie

Search if your friend...still here

3. rhl thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wrong thread. The other thread was entitled: "AT&T Bandwidth Throttling" and it had detailed information on how to file a complaint with the FCC.

Where did it go?

www.fcc.gov/complaints

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

5. rhl thread starter macrumors newbie

Negative. This thread was entitled: "AT&T Bandwidth Throttling" and had detailed information on how and where to file an FCC complaint against AT&T.

The question stands. Where did it go?

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I found this one as well http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1319270

I cannot answer where it went, but before you accuse the mods of deleting/censorship, use the Contact Us link to discuss this. I see no record of any mods deleting any threads regarding this.

In any event, I'm not finding any other thread you mention with that specific title here on MacRumors.com

7. rhl thread starter macrumors newbie

This thread was entitled: "AT&T Bandwidth Throttling" which had roughly 9000 views. The last post was yesterday and it seems to have vanished. It contained detailed information how and where to file an FCC complaint against AT&T for possible policy violations.

I find it curious that it somehow mysteriously vanished, don't you?

How long before this thread vanishes?

8. rhl thread starter macrumors newbie

Still waiting for your reply.

9. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

maflynn gave you an answer and told you what you should do. Use the Contact Us link. Accusing people of censoring and deleting information is seriously bad form.

There was also an answer from one of the other mods in one of the other threads you posted in to complain. Go check there.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This has all be discussed so many times. You will never get the FCC to do anything. There is no case here as the contract covers AT&T quite well. There is no promise of a particular speed.

You are just eating yourself up, but that is your right! Most here are tired of hearing about it.:rolleyes:

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I did reply - use the Contact us Link. Discussion of moderation is not done in public. I searched the forums much as you did and the results are the same.

No further good will occur in this thread as you now have your answer, please use the contact us or one of the other existing throttling threads.

12. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.