AT&T vs Verizon Data wise

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bobbyroller, May 23, 2011.

1. bobbyroller macrumors member

I am thinking about opening up a play to get the I4. From your experience which carrier will be better? I know Verizon is a little more, but is it worth it? Also, how much data do you folks use a month. Do you think I should save some money and go with At&T and only get 2GB a month, or go with unlimited data with Verizon?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Verizon has the larger network, At&t has the faster network. I like having unlimited data.

3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Yeah the unlimited data is the best perk. AT&T has 200MB, 2GB or 4GB data plans. I have 2GB with AT&T and it allows me to use about 68MB per day on the network IF i divide it evenly.. which is a ton but unlimited is better.

But Verizon doesn't offer rollover minutes, so its about picking whats best for you. AT&T also offers free mobile to mobile calling with ANY mobile device not just their own network. So I can call Sprint, T-mobile, Verizon, prepaid accounts, etc for free. You're only charged to call to landlines which means you're going to save a ton on minutes. Any other pros and cons I left out, someone else post. I think I got the major ones.

Wifi enabled iPhones allows you to save a lot of data usage as well. Me, I go to college, therefore at my apartment I have a wifi connection and when I'm on the go I use the school's provided internet. It all depends how much you're on the go when choosing a data plan.