AT&T Waive Early Upgrade Fee for iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sleepyking, Sep 12, 2013.

1. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Do you guys and gals think there'll be chance to waive the fees again this year like many did last year for the 5?

I was able to waive 2 upgrade fees last year thanks to this site.

2. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I've been with the company (AT&T) over 10 years as a loyal customer not ever had one late payment. That being said, I could ask AT&T to waive anything and they do it without hesitation :D

3. sleepyking thread starter macrumors 6502

Sooo..I'm not the only one thinking about trying haha

4. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I've also been with AT&T for nearly 10 years. Back when they were Cingular. Where would be the best place to ask? In an AT&T store, an AT&T rep at the apple store on launch day, over the phone?

5. Radiating macrumors 65816

They don't do that any more.

6. sleepyking thread starter macrumors 6502

Last year I did one through their online chat for one line then the other one on the phone.
    It's sort of a risk I guess cause you'd have to be willing to fork up the early upgrade few up front and hope they can waive again this time around

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I upgraded to a different phone last week and got their online support to waive my fee, no problem.

8. sleepyking thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, well then that answers that. Is that confirmed? Sorry if this has been addressed before

9. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I've had every iPhone since the 2nd one and AT&T waived the upgrade fee every time except for last year, when I was required to pay the early upgrade fee of $250 + cost of the iPhone 5. It took me three times of calling customer service, asking nicely and citing other examples of credits/waivers until I finally got someone that was willing to help. She was very nice and gave me a bill credit of $250 to offset the $250 I'd paid to upgrade but told me not to expect this to happen again. She said she would note the account and specify that a one-time courtesy credit was applied and that the customer understood that such courtesy would not be extended again for an early upgrade.

I think it would be a waste of my time to ask again this year, but everyone's luck is different I suppose.

10. angelp66 macrumors newbie

11. waytena macrumors newbie

Kill them with kindness. I just got them to remove the entire fee

12. alent1234 macrumors 603

Depends on your account
    If you are on a family plan get all your lines with close expiration dates to get some leverage

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

They did it for me this year without even being asked.

Quite the nice surprise, I'd say. I've also been with them since the Cingular days.