AT&T will not take Iphone Order!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johncocktosen, Jul 14, 2008.

1. johncocktosen macrumors newbie

I stop in the AT&T Store on 125th St (Manhattan) after seeing long lines at Apple's Store on 14th St. this afternoon (Monday).

Me: "I'd like to order the Iphone. I'll be porting from Verizon"

Desk Agent: Sorry, the "backorders are full and we can't take any new orders".

Me (clarifying, in shock): "So what you are saying is that you can not take any new orders for an Iphone to be shipped"

Desk Agent: "Correct"

W....O....W......

2. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

hahaha thats funny. Guess you'll be waiting a weekish...

3. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

isnt that better than the rep lying to you ? now you dont have to wait that long to get yours at the Apple store.

4. johncocktosen thread starter macrumors newbie

well......i don't know if i can wait three or four hours+ in line at an apple store in manhattan. my clients would be pissed off at me and i'm certainly not losing business over the inability of Apple and their "partner" AT&T to product launch 101.

i will wait. reconsider if i really do want to move from verizon and BB to these bumbling idiots at at&t. and apple as well given what i've been reading.

5. cwilson71 macrumors newbie

I wonder if the backorder deal is on a store by store basis? I ordered one from my AT&T store in Sacramento yesterday and they had no problem taking my order at the discounted switcher price.

I saw the line at the local Apple store on Friday, laughed a little, walked out and went to work. I can wait a couple of weeks, it is no big deal but a lot of people are acting like it is.

6. mimitche macrumors newbie

I tried placing an order on Saturday and was told the same thing- they're not even accepting orders for delivery/direct fulfillment at this time. This was at the AT&T store in Sterling, VA, off of 777.

7. knshdion macrumors newbie

Definitely a store by store basis. The one near me is still taking orders and admitted that they do receive orders available for walk-ins. I'm in the DC metro area.

8. dvdlovr24 macrumors 6502

I guess us bumbling idiots at AT&T should order a phone for you that might take a long as a month to get. Wouldn't you rather us tell you we can't take orders right now instead? It's only a phone.

9. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

call around..there are still some that take them

10. johncocktosen thread starter macrumors newbie

well guess i'll eat my words because i did wait in line at the 5th avenue store. it did take about 4 hours yesterday (Tuesday) morning. i got there around 7am (line of 200?) and they started running our of 16gb blacks about 50 people after me.

i wouldn't do it again or recommend it, though. they even ran out of the anti glare protectors.